Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Starting in Final Expense     
Old 04-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
Expert

State: redzalez is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Starting in Final Expense Starting in Final Expense
Whats the best route to take in starting to sell Final EX?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Starting in Final Expense
Old 04-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Guru
GreenSky on Starting in Final Expense

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Starting in Final Expense
That's a really good question and I hope someone has an answer or two.

I've tried a number of mailers and always sold enough to cover the costs, but I've never made a profit.

I tried near my home just outside of Los Angeles, and in a somewhat more rural location. I've used a reasonably high income, and a relatively low income. The results have been the same.

Many people buy this stuff from Colonial Penn based upon the T.V. ads. Overpriced crap! Lincoln Heritage is the same garbage.

Any ideas? (I'd love my 19 yr. old son to sell this stuff).

Rick

Medicare Training 101.
YIO is now available at http://yourinsuranceoffice.net/.

insure(at)greenskyins(dot)com
Old 04-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
Super Genius

State: aufan is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Guys,

I'm not huge in the Senior market, but my instincts tell me if you are targeting the senior market with final expense as the "door opener"...I think you're gonna get nowhere. I believe the last thing seniors want to think about is their own funeral.

What I think most of the succesful senior marketers are doing is helping seniors with their Medicare solutions and then introduce final expense as an "oh by the way..." kinda deal.

Everybody help me out....is that right?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
Guru
senior-advisor-indiana on Starting in Final Expense

State: senior-advisor-indiana is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
senior-advisor-indiana is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Thats the only way I sold it. Oh yeah one time I called a lead and the lady said" hey my husband died a couple months back and he didnt have life insurance, can I get some through you?" I love it when that happens. I didnt do good with direct mail for it.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
Super Genius
LaffAgent on Starting in Final Expense

State: LaffAgent is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Ditto to aufan. Final expense to seniors is not going to be a huge market to lead with. Lead with life and DI for your younger to middle age prospects, LTC and Medicare for the older and senior prospects.

Funny Insurance T Shirts
Laff Agent
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #6
Guru
James on Starting in Final Expense

State: James is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
James is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Don't forget, younger people (under 50) like Final Expense type of plans! Something to do about those low premiums I suppose but easy to sell and stay on the books.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Guru

State: wilkin is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Final expense can be an exceptional market but you have to be willing to work lots of leads and door knock when you can't set an appointment. That's hard to do consistently. A few years ago I worked FE direct mail leads and found the people who responded genuinely had interest, but it was challenging getting in front of them. Plus, I think its much easier to cross sell from FE to Med Supp than the other way around. And now with Med Advantage I think FE could be a good door opener to those sales too.

-Bill
Old 04-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #8
Guru
johnrocks on Starting in Final Expense

State: johnrocks is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post
That's a really good question and I hope someone has an answer or two.

I've tried a number of mailers and always sold enough to cover the costs, but I've never made a profit.

I tried near my home just outside of Los Angeles, and in a somewhat more rural location. I've used a reasonably high income, and a relatively low income. The results have been the same.

Many people buy this stuff from Colonial Penn based upon the T.V. ads. Overpriced crap! Lincoln Heritage is the same garbage.

Any ideas? (I'd love my 19 yr. old son to sell this stuff).

Rick
I have several clients with Lincoln Heritage's med. supps ( including my 86 yr. old mother) and I have yet to get one complaint. The people that have called them; including myself; loves the fact that a real human being answers instead of a computer. Also I love the fact that they have a great lead program ,they pay daily on submission( make sure you write good biz and this won't be a problem) and they have a group health plan for agents, the only co. that I am aware of that has that, even though since I now write more for other companies, I can,t seem to get to the level I need to get their group. But they are getting a bit pricey.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
Guru
senior-advisor-indiana on Starting in Final Expense

State: senior-advisor-indiana is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
senior-advisor-indiana is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
What is thier lead program like john?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:51 PM   #10
Guru
midwestbroker on Starting in Final Expense

State: midwestbroker is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
midwestbroker is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I am just getting started in the FE business. I am doing the "Just so you know, we do offer FE..."

So far I have had some interest but no sales yet, but then again it has only been about 1 week.

What about teaming up with funeral homes? I have called on a few, but they are doing their own pre-needs plan, and not wanting to offer any other type of insurance. Anyone else have any luck with this?

Join the Medicare (virtual) Cafe - Where senior market agents drink java and talk shop! - CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
Reply to Starting in Final Expense 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum