Starting Independant: Officially Out of Excuses

ruin007

Expert
Buffalo
I have all my starter packs, a new fax machine, business cards on their way in the mail, and today I bought a commuter car. I ordered lists from Josh, and a dialer as well. Got some mailers out there, and some internet leads ordered to see what works best for me. My two week notice at my previous job ended two days ago. I am out of excuses to keep putting off beginning my new career. I officially start cold-calling on Tuesday.
Thanks everybody for all the help, and I am really anxious to start. There is already a beginning with EFES and a starting with Securus thread, so I figure I figured I'd do a Starting Independent thread. Hopefully my purchased leads start coming back in the next few days, and I can generate some cold-calling leads on Tuesday. If there is interest, I'll keep adding to the thread... if no interest, I'll add anyway.

Last edited:
I am out of excuses to keep putting off beginning my new career. I officially start cold-calling on Tuesday. Was going to do Monday, but it was pointed out to me that the holiday may not be the best day to start.

Sounds like the holiday was your first excuse not to start.:yes:

Seriously, you have everything ready. Planning is over. Go make some money.

Rick

ruin007 said:
I have all my starter packs, a new fax machine, business cards on their way in the mail, and today I bought a commuter car. I ordered lists from Josh, and a dialer as well. Got some mailers out there, and some internet leads ordered to see what works best for me. My two week notice at my previous job ended two days ago. I am out of excuses to keep putting off beginning my new career. I officially start cold-calling on Tuesday. Was going to do Monday, but it was pointed out to me that the holiday may not be the best day to start.
Thanks everybody for all the help, and I am really anxious to start. There is already a beginning with EFES and a starting with Securus thread, so I figure I figured I'd do a Starting Independent thread. Hopefully my purchased leads start coming back in the next few days, and I can generate some cold-calling leads on Tuesday. If there is interest, I'll keep adding to the thread... if no interest, I'll add anyway.

Tuesday is not going to be a good day to start either. I have found that most people mow their lawns on Tuesday's.

I was. As soon as my dialer is set up I am going to start. You fine gentlemen convinced me. They told me it takes about 90 minutes. I faxed in my CC info in between posting here, as I really was swayed by the peer pressure to start this weekend. As long as they work on weekends and set up my dialer tomorrow, I will work tomorrow as well.

Last edited:
I was. As soon as my dialer is set up I am going to start. You fine gentlemen convinced me. They told me it takes about 90 minutes. I faxed in my CC info in between posting here, as I really was swayed by the peer pressure to start this weekend. As long as they work on weekends and set up my dialer tomorrow, I will work tomorrow as well.

If you are calling seniors, do NOT call on Memorial Day!! Call Saturday or Sunday or wait until Tuesday, but I wouldn't call on Memorial Day!

Back