Take Another Look at SNL

SNL overall is pretty tough to beat. Often times you can send them somebody who would otherwise need to go to Gerber. They also have several different payment options to choose from, for when you get weak and can't get a check.

Being able to leave the home without doing a PHI can be a good thing. Especially when you have had to work them pretty hard to get them to commit, and just want to get the hell out of there. Or even if your just running behind, and want to get to the next one.

They are also pretty good at answering the phone. Unlike most other, "go to type", companies that get lots of praise on this site.

They also have several different payment options to choose from, for when you get weak and can't get a check.

Especially when you have had to work them pretty hard to get them to commit, and just want to get the hell out of there. Or even if your just running behind, and want to get to the next one.

No offense but all of those sound like weak business.

No offense; but you took the quote out of context. You removed the most important and relevant part of the entire post.

"Being able to leave the home without doing a PHI can be a good thing."

Maybe I should break it down for you. A good day for me is 5, 6 or 7 apps. If I am sitting there trying to close a guy on a $30 per month policy and he is getting skittish; I am going to get his signature and get the hell out of there and move on to the next one. I probably wont even fill out the app. I certainly am not going to spend another 30 minutes on a PHI.

Especially when dicking around with him might cause me to miss my next appointment, which hopefully will be a whole lot more profitable.

Last edited:
Just rather oppsite to the "love the one your with" method. And to say a PHI is 30min is rather extreme. Even the MOST lengthy LBL calls are under 30min.

"Love the one your with" lol. That is good.

Its all relative. Hell I took a guy to lunch a couple of weeks ago. He was 76, had no car, he and I were both hungry and more importantly; he was spending $163 per month.

If its a skinny deal most of the time I fill the app out when I get home.

generally I only do about 30% of a Transamerica application in house.

The more I do this more I prefer instant decision and limiting any underwriting surprises later on.

Back