Take Another Look at SNL

I used to fell that way too. But now I prefer not to mess with the PHI at all. I used KSKJ last Thursday and did the PHI while there for the first time. They don't even give you a decision at the time.

I would guess my call is right with SNL 75% of the time. If there is a doubt I usually prep them with a best/worst case senario

In your defense nearly all the UW issues I had/have with transamerica would have been issues elsewhere to. But at least I'd have known them in the moment and saved time by going to a secondary carrier in the inital sale, not taking away time from another.

Often times if I think there's going to be a problem, I have them sign two apps. I just feel like my time is better served when I am selling. Getting people approved is more time consuming and clerical work that I can usually handle at home. I am only in the field a day and a half a week and I make more money selling than filling out forms. Three years ago I felt just like you do now. I wanted to know when I left it was bought. I am either getting smarter or lazier!

Last edited:
I really am not a numbers kind of guy. I don't believe in crunching numbers and breaking down cost per lead etc. I would guess I average around 350 per week in monthly premium, which is the number I look at. I probably average 6 policies a week, when I work. Last week I wrote a $251, $118, 60, 30, and 25. Oh and a gerber child for $18.

You won't find a better supporting front office in the business than SNL- Jim Boyles is simply the best- I've written for just about every FE company the last 20 years and he's the only one that's ever called me to thank me for the business- That really means a lot to writing agents when they're appreciated for their hard work- Bonus checks, gifts, contests etc... You call them and they pick up in like 5 seconds- No 20 minute wait like TA

I really am not a numbers kind of guy. I don't believe in crunching numbers and breaking down cost per lead etc. I would guess I average around 350 per week in monthly premium, which is the number I look at. I probably average 6 policies a week, when I work. Last week I wrote a $251, $118, 60, 30, and 25. Oh and a gerber child for $18.

6000 AP?.... What do you do in a good week? LOL. Great job for a full week, much more so for a day and a half.

You won't find a better supporting front office in the business than SNL- Jim Boyles is simply the best- I've written for just about every FE company the last 20 years and he's the only one that's ever called me to thank me for the business- That really means a lot to writing agents when they're appreciated for their hard work- Bonus checks, gifts, contests etc... You call them and they pick up in like 5 seconds- No 20 minute wait like TA

I completely concur. Jim, Tommy and the team have always been great to deal with and that seems to be getting harder and harder to find these days.

One huge drawback to SNL is not issuing policies until after the first draft. 3 days later I think is the rule. I have one now that was drafted on the 6th. I have not received the policy as of today. I called SNL and was told it was mailed on the 12th.

That's a problem when people have paid for coverage and they have the policy.

They should really look at changing that practice.

One huge drawback to SNL is not issuing policies until after the first draft. 3 days later I think is the rule. I have one now that was drafted on the 6th. I have not received the policy as of today. I called SNL and was told it was mailed on the 12th.

That's a problem when people have paid for coverage and they have the policy.

They should really look at changing that practice.

All my SNL policies get mailed directly to the client. Do they send 'em to us agents if we request it? Didn't know you could do that.

Back