Take Another Look at SNL

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have always thought that SNL was more strict with their underwriting than most other carriers. Last Friday I submitted an application on a 55MT who had a heart attack in 2013 and had a stent implanted at the time. He takes numerous Rx-4 diabetic pills, a blood thinner, several pills for HBP, Metoprolol and yes he pulled Nitro out of his pocket. He said it was precautionary and he never uses it. I called the underwriter and was told that it would be OK if he only filled the Nitro annually and used as needed. I had to use an extra sheet of paper to list all of his drugs because the info wouldn't fit on the application. Also included his medical history. Issued preferred today.

That will one day change. No way can a carrier take on that level of risk and remain profitable. That guy will be dead in less than 8 years.

Like holy crap he is in terrible shape.

The brokerage that I submit most of my term business through tells me what the issue is so I can talk to the applicant about it. You can't get nothing from these FE carriers.

They are great in certain situations. Hard to make them a go to though as long as insulin is standard with them and they give such a big hair cut starting at age 70 :/

Back