Technology You Use in the Field

D.V.

Hello,
I'm new here - seems to be a great group and many on the forum have been very helpful to me as I start my FE career.

Had a question about technology (iPads, tablets, laptops, smart phones, apps, etc) that agents are using when on the road and in the prospect's home. Wanted to see what devices and applications some of you would recommend for scheduling/planning your week, getting quotes, writing business, etc. Possibly CRM's for client/contact management as well.

I'm looking at a new smart phone and the iPad Pro (with stylus) but open to other ideas...also trying to keep my costs down :)

Thanks!

Hello,
I'm new here - seems to be a great group and many on the forum have been very helpful to me as I start my FE career.

Had a question about technology (iPads, tablets, laptops, smart phones, apps, etc) that agents are using when on the road and in the prospect's home. Wanted to see what devices and applications some of you would recommend for scheduling/planning your week, getting quotes, writing business, etc. Possibly CRM's for client/contact management as well.

I'm looking at a new smart phone and the iPad Pro (with stylus) but open to other ideas...also trying to keep my costs down :)

Thanks!

I use my phone for doing the POS interviews. I have an ipad and laptop in the car but I can't remember the last time I went back out to get either one at an appointment.

I've was always very dismissive and skeptical of the value of technology when selling FE. But lately I've been coming around to the notion that an I-pad or laptop based presentation might really be helpful. Especially for helping new agents stay on track in their presentations. Anybody know of any carriers that offer a good I-pad or laptop based presentation? Other types of sales have really moved in this direction.

Are you using your phone for e-applications or just doing paper?

I use paper applications. I use my phone for the POS interviews.

There may be some technology that agents use that make things easier for that agent. But as for needed, none of it is needed.

Especially for someone trying to keep costs down as you stated.

I've was always very dismissive and skeptical of the value of technology when selling FE. But lately I've been coming around to the notion that an I-pad or laptop based presentation might really be helpful. Especially for helping new agents stay on track in their presentations. Anybody know of any carriers that offer a good I-pad or laptop based presentation? Other types of sales have really moved in this direction.

Have you ever seen a company be able to put a presentation together better than an experienced field agent? That's another one of those unicorn things.

I created my own for iPad on Keynote based on an old carrier flipbook presentation, a couple other elements I "borrowed" from other carriers, and a couple slides with my own language. I used stock photos from the internet (except for one beautiful picture of my aunt & uncle!). I'd be happy to share it if you'll PM me. (I think I can convert it to PowerPoint or PDF as well, but not sure the graphics will all render the same.)

I created my own for iPad on Keynote based on an old carrier flipbook presentation, a couple other elements I "borrowed" from other carriers, and a couple slides with my own language. I used stock photos from the internet (except for one beautiful picture of my aunt & uncle!). I'd be happy to share it if you'll PM me. (I think I can convert it to PowerPoint or PDF as well, but not sure the graphics will all render the same.)

I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Personally I think that there is nothing better than the pen and paper for doing a presentation, especially with FE. Remember the ages of the generation were working with LOL.

I use my ipad for actually submitting the application and signatures when needed.

Back