Telesales - Brutal Truth

His YTube vids are designed to recruit, so the amount of "truth" you'll find in them regarding your opportunity to succeed is minimal.

He goes by digfesales105 on this forum, so quite a few of us know of him.

JD knows him because they were both at EFES at the same time.

Is the brutal truth telesales is a viable way to make a good living selling FE?

Familiar with this company..?

Final Expense Telesales is one of the LEAST Viable ways to make a living.

The placement and persistency are the LOWEST in the Life insurance world.:swoon:

The service work is the HIGHEST amount in the Life insurance world.

The guys that do it are pretty much slaves to the phone.:yes:

Yes, I have done telesales and it was a brutal experience for someone like me who is a natural field agent.

I would rather drive 6 hours away and stay a couple days in a hotel to make good field sales door knocking leads, than to be hand fed TV Leads for telesales prospects.

Although Final Expense Telesales is not for everyone, I personally know a number of agents who are doing pretty well at it (making over 100k per year). Agentguy5 is totally correct though. You have to slave on the phone. In many ways, telesales is more difficult than feild sales.

However, I believe it to be a matter of preference. But, if you enjoy what you do, you can be successful at pretty much anything, if you put in the time. I believe the ones succeeding in telesales would say something like:

I would rather pick up the phone and make a sale on hand fed TV leads, than to walk across the street for a lay down sale.

Again, its a matter of preference.

Telesales gives you less options to sell to customers, makes it more difficult to overcome objections and build trust, and harder to service clients. So naturally its offputting.

However, the idea of producing more apps on a weekly basis because of the ease of marketing makes it attractive to some. Especially those who have done phone sales in the past and just getting into the industry.

Last edited:
Although Final Expense Telesales is not for everyone, I personally know a number of agents who are doing pretty well at it (making over 100k per year). Agentguy5 is totally correct though. You have to slave on the phone. In many ways, telesales is more difficult than feild sales.

However, I believe it to be a matter of preference. But, if you enjoy what you do, you can be successful at pretty much anything, if you put in the time. I believe the ones succeeding in telesales would say something like:

I would rather pick up the phone and make a sale on hand fed TV leads, than to walk across the street for a lay down sale.

Again, its a matter of preference.

Telesales gives you less options to sell to customers, makes it more difficult to overcome objections and build trust, and harder to service clients. So naturally its offputting.

However, the idea of producing more apps on a weekly basis because of the ease of marketing makes it attractive to some. Especially those who have done phone sales in the past and just getting into the industry.

I'm calling BS. Provide some proof of these FE telesales agents making over $100K per year after lead costs.

It has nothing to do with preference. it has to do with it being a failed model for the producing agent. Of course the agent running the call center thinks it's a great idea.

I'm sure there's a unicorn or two out there but to chalk it up as "preference" is sheer nonsense.

I'm calling BS. Provide some proof of these FE telesales agents making over $100K per year after lead costs.

It has nothing to do with preference. it has to do with it being a failed model for the producing agent. Of course the agent running the call center thinks it's a great idea.

I'm sure there's a unicorn or two out there but to chalk it up as "preference" is sheer nonsense.

Well, I do know the top agents for American Amicable (1,2, and 3) are coming from the same telesales organization and placed a combined $750,000 for 2016. I cant imagine them netting less than $100,000 each, even at a very low commission or purchasing their own leads at street.

How many of you that are saying it does not work have tried tele-sales for at least 6 months consistently working 5-10 leads per day? Who among us has that experience?

Well, I do know the top agents for American Amicable (1,2, and 3) are coming from the same telesales organization and placed a combined $750,000 for 2016. I cant imagine them netting less than $100,000 each, even at a very low commission or purchasing their own leads at street.

OK, so now you're guessing? That's what I figured.

Very few agents net $100k period after all expense and chargebacks. I bet persistency industry wide on Fe telesales is 60-70%.With mostly uneducated and poor people trust and connecting is the key to persistency. I just can't see how you get that over the phone. Possibly a little more with telesales as they initiated the call.

OK, so now you're guessing? That's what I figured.

Actually not guessing at all. I was really asking a rhetorical question.

Erniece, Amy, and Heather

Those are the names of at least three telesales agents appointed with American Amicable who netted 100k.

Back