Telesales - Brutal Truth

I just don't see people giving out social security numbers and personal information over the phone in the future. I would NEVER. I feel like my generation is like that . I bet there will be this kick back to face to face in the next ten years....like people will revert back to this old school way of business.

You say that, but I have a friend who gets people to fill out full mortgage credit applications through a link in a text. People will do anything to avoid both phone and face to face. It's the weak generation coming into adulthood.

You say that, but I have a friend who gets people to fill out full mortgage credit applications through a link in a text. People will do anything to avoid both phone and face to face. It's the weak generation coming into adulthood.

Very good way of looking at it.

I met a gentleman over the weekend that is selling multiple millions of dollars in annuities 100% over the telephone, which is incredible.

When I was selling face to face, I used to hear prospects say, "Cant you just mail me the information?", In telesales, I've never heard, "Can you stop by and hand deliver it to me?"

Every industry is leveraging technology to streamline their sales process, and, although late to the game, the Final Expense Industry is no different. Term guys have been doing it for years.

F2F will always be around, just like Im sure there are F2F mortgage guys, but they are a dying breed at this point, and although Final Expense isnt there yet, it will be in time.

Very good way of looking at it.

I met a gentleman over the weekend that is selling multiple millions of dollars in annuities 100% over the telephone, which is incredible.

When I was selling face to face, I used to hear prospects say, "Cant you just mail me the information?", In telesales, I've never heard, "Can you stop by and hand deliver it to me?"

Every industry is leveraging technology to streamline their sales process, and, although late to the game, the Final Expense Industry is no different. Term guys have been doing it for years.

F2F will always be around, just like Im sure there are F2F mortgage guys, but they are a dying breed at this point, and although Final Expense isnt there yet, it will be in time.

There's a market for everything.

The goal is to determine whether or not you can make the metrics work in your favor.

Phone =/= online

----------

you know that call block and ad block exist? My generation blocks everything and will never have home phones. That's right now....imagine 30 years in the future. I personally think telemarketers will not exist when I'm 50.

Online I think will be fine but phones are done for. Lol I'm normal.... my friends are normal... we DO NOT use our phones for anything other than texting and amazon.
My grandchildren never talk on their phones.They communicate by text. Drives me nuts..I ask them why they spend 5 minutes texting back and forth when a 1 minute phone call would answer their question? I have never gotten an answer from them, just that "I can't believe how out of touch this old guy is" look. :wacko:

My grandchildren never talk on their phones.They communicate by text. Drives me nuts..I ask them why they spend 5 minutes texting back and forth when a 1 minute phone call would answer their question? I have never gotten an answer from them, just that "I can't believe how out of touch this old guy is" look. :wacko:
Why would i call someone to talk for 1 minute when i can just text it!

Phone =/= online

----------

you know that call block and ad block exist? My generation blocks everything and will never have home phones. That's right now....imagine 30 years in the future. I personally think telemarketers will not exist when I'm 50.

Online I think will be fine but phones are done for. Lol I'm normal.... my friends are normal... we DO NOT use our phones for anything other than texting and amazon.
As you've recently discovered - I'm old! I don't enjoy texting at all. I feel like the nuances of spoken communication such as intonation, inflection, and other verbal cues are completely lost.

But I finally broke down and got a phone with a qwerty keyboard when I realized my kids wouldn't pick up the phone to talk, but they will respond to texts. Then I started getting more and more clients who primarily communicate by text. I have a few who don't EVER answer the phone, and their voicemail is always full. If I'm going to reach them at all, it has to be by text or in person. So, I can see your prediction already coming to pass in my own practice.

I just don't see people giving out social security numbers and personal information over the phone in the future. I would NEVER. I feel like my generation is like that . I bet there will be this kick back to face to face in the next ten years....like people will revert back to this old school way of business.
I see this, too. It's one of the reasons debit insurance is making a comeback. Security concerns are making more people leary of digital transactions. Many of my current debit clients have had ID theft problems in the past, so they've reverted to cash based transactions. Others may use a debit card, but opt to keep control by refusing automatic drafts. They'd rather have their trusted agent run the card for their payment when they're ready for it. Many would rather pay me face to face than have some unknown entity handling their money. I realize some of that's a cultural preference, but I've been surprised at the trend of more middle class clients adopting the debit system, once they realize it's available, even though it may be a higher premium.

Back