Telesales - Brutal Truth

How many of you that are saying it does not work have tried tele-sales for at least 6 months consistently working 5-10 leads per day? Who among us has that experience?

I can't play the piano either but if you set down and start playing I can tell if you can play it.

I've not done the telesales thing because I've seen that it's a failed model.

A guy that runs a call center was telling me about his best agent a couple years ago. She was writing about the same as I was through the first 3 months of that year. He wouldn't tell me her commission level but said she was getting 50 leads per week. I was getting 15.

A few months later I asked him how his superstar was doing. He said, "oh her? She's gone!".

----------

Actually not guessing at all. I was really asking a rhetorical question.

Erniece, Amy, and Heather

Those are the names of at least three telesales agents appointed with American Amicable who netted 100k.

They made $100K after lead costs? And you know this?

Those are the names of at least three telesales agents appointed with American Amicable who netted 100k.

How did Alexandria do w/Am-Am in '16?

You said placed. So this is after cancellations and lapses? The only way they made $100k was with renewals.

Phone sales would be hard enough without trying to sell for such an Anti-American Servicemen company.:yes:

Very few agents net $100k period after all expense and chargebacks. I bet persistency industry wide on Fe telesales is 60-70%.With mostly uneducated and poor people trust and connecting is the key to persistency. I just can't see how you get that over the phone. Possibly a little more with telesales as they initiated the call.

Not going to get into the ins and outs of FE telesales as I have never tried it and do not personally know any agent who has. But as far as establishing trust over the phone, it is done every day. And not with just uneducated people.
People with money invest thousands over the phone with brokers they have never met. I don't understand it but I know it happens.

Are there any telesales producers on this forum who can chime in?

I believe "GymGuy" was doing really well selling FE over the phone as an independent producer. I haven't seen him on here in a while.

I think Doug Massi also sells over the phone part of the time... I have seen him mention it on here before.

Back