Telesales - Brutal Truth

Are there any telesales producers on this forum who can chime in?

Sure. I've been doing FE tele-sales since 2005. I don't mean I've dabbled in it like some of the posters up here...I've spent a 4 year stretch where every single app was produced from tele-sales. I've also been doing FE field sales since 1999. Nowadays I do about half each way. In fact the only thing I've sold since 1999 is FE, nothing else.

I personally produce and also recruit with both tele-sales and field sales. Don't think any member up here has the experience I bring to this discussion. If so they can speak up.

So what's your question?

How did Alexandria do w/Am-Am in '16?

Alexandria, was the number one agent for American Amicable in 2014 and 2015. Another agent, from the same organization doing telesales that cleared 100K, after expenses.

Erniece however is the number one this year. She was number three last year.

----------

You said placed. So this is after cancellations and lapses? The only way they made $100k was with renewals.

Yes, Im speaking about total commissions after all chargebacks. Most of the income is from first year commissions, as most of the agents clearing these amounts have been doing it for less than 5 years.

----------

Not going to get into the ins and outs of FE telesales as I have never tried it and do not personally know any agent who has. But as far as establishing trust over the phone, it is done every day. And not with just uneducated people.
People with money invest thousands over the phone with brokers they have never met. I don't understand it but I know it happens.

You are 100% correct. Thats why I call it a preference. It can be done, no doubt. But the fail rate is very high, just like it is in the field.

The reason I call it a preference is because you will find a lot of women excel at telesales who I dont believe could cut it in the field for one reason or another.

Alexandria, was the number one agent for American Amicable in 2014 and 2015. Another agent, from the same organization doing telesales that cleared 100K, after expenses.

I knew Alexandria was the top agent in the Call Center Division for '14 and she was Agent of the Year for '15 and Erniece ranked 3rd. Do you know where Alexandria ranked in Club 35 for production year '16?

Northstar seems to be a great call center.

Sure. I've been doing FE tele-sales since 2005. I don't mean I've dabbled in it like some of the posters up here...I've spent a 4 year stretch where every single app was produced from tele-sales. I've also been doing FE field sales since 1999. Nowadays I do about half each way. In fact the only thing I've sold since 1999 is FE, nothing else.

I personally produce and also recruit with both tele-sales and field sales. Don't think any member up here has the experience I bring to this discussion. If so they can speak up.

So what's your question?
Do you have agents netting 100K+ after expenses?

----------

Yes, Im speaking about total commissions after all chargebacks. Most of the income is from first year commissions, as most of the agents clearing these amounts have been doing it for less than 5 years.

Ramiz, I have a hard time believing they have kept that much on the books. I'm not saying that to take anything away from what they have done. They are machines and should be proud of what they have done. I'm just very doubtful they netted over 100k.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter to me. They don't pay my bills and I don't pay theirs.

Ramiz, I have a hard time believing they have kept that much on the books. I'm not saying that to take anything away from what they have done. They are machines and should be proud of what they have done. I'm just very doubtful they netted over 100k.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter to me. They don't pay my bills and I don't pay theirs.

I totally respect your point of view, and I really didnt come on here to discuss net income, only that there are legitimate call centers making it in the final expense market, and agents doing very well too.

Thats really it, no biggy.

Long time no see :)

I think Doug Massi also sells over the phone part of the time... I have seen him mention it on here before.

I dabbled with it for a few months a little bit last year but it was really tough to sit in an office and be a slave. I'm built for the road!

Am finding it interesting that the guys that came on here sharing about their success, actually run call centers... And the female agents that are successful are in their call centers...

Having TV Leads/Live transfers is the way to go but you can't do that unless you are in a call center environment.

I dabbled with it for a few months a little bit last year but it was really tough to sit in an office and be a slave. I'm built for the road!

Am finding it interesting that the guys that came on here sharing about their success, actually run call centers... And the female agents that are successful are in their call centers...

Having TV Leads/Live transfers is the way to go but you can't do that unless you are in a call center environment.

If I read the thread correctly, it was actually one guy (NSRH), and thanks to VolAgent, I learned that NSRH is the owner of Northstar.

Now I understand why he was so confident about their income in 2016, :yes:

Back