Test for Trans

Bcrane0305

Guru
100+ Post Club
I wrote an app on a guy who is on various medications: plavix, on 10 plus years. Gabapentin: diabetic nerve pain. Oral diabities: taken for around 10 years. Isosprbine: 10 plus years. Says he's had various heart stents but all after 2 years. He also said you took ribarvin over 10 years ago and has been off it for way over 2 years. I wrote this as preferred. You guys think it will go through? Thanks!

I wrote an app on a guy who is on various medications: plavix, on 10 plus years. Gabapentin: diabetic nerve pain. Oral diabities: taken for around 10 years. Isosprbine: 10 plus years. Says he's had various heart stents but all after 2 years. He also said you took ribarvin over 10 years ago and has been off it for way over 2 years. I wrote this as preferred. You guys think it will go through? Thanks!

Isosorbide
Ribavirin

I think you have a spelling problem on these.

Your biggest issue with Isosorbide is when the original Diagnosis was. If over 2 years for Angina/Chest Paid you are preferred. CHF it is on date of last used/prescribed.

Trans will most likely determine that it is CHF as you have had heart stents in recent years and will offer a graded based on MEDS and CHF.

Ribavirin is a very TOXIC Hep B/C drug which may cause complications to the heart and will also be looked at seriously for date of last Prescription.

Because of the possible Chronic Condition with Liver Disease and Hep B/C you may end up with a Decline in a Totality of the Meds. Really will depend on the last dose taken.

You will have a PHI call out to determine more about the Hep B/C and CHF issues and will also depend on how your client will answer the questions.

At best a Graded plan offer 50%, Slight chance of Standard 10% and a good Chance of Decline 40%. Decline is my vote.

I'll take the other side; I bet this will get preferred. I've had all kinds of these cases like this issued preferred with TA.

Isosorbide Mono. should be OK if taken longer than 2 years for Preferred.

Hep C should be OK; the Agent Guide validates the answer should be "No," and the treatment medication has not been taken longer than 2 years.

Cases like this are meant for TA, as they approve them a lot easier than most carriers.

Naturally we are assuming no CHF.

Isosorbide
Ribavirin

I think you have a spelling problem on these.

Your biggest issue with Isosorbide is when the original Diagnosis was. If over 2 years for Angina/Chest Paid you are preferred. CHF it is on date of last used/prescribed.

Trans will most likely determine that it is CHF as you have had heart stents in recent years and will offer a graded based on MEDS and CHF.

Ribavirin is a very TOXIC Hep B/C drug which may cause complications to the heart and will also be looked at seriously for date of last Prescription.

Because of the possible Chronic Condition with Liver Disease and Hep B/C you may end up with a Decline in a Totality of the Meds. Really will depend on the last dose taken.

You will have a PHI call out to determine more about the Hep B/C and CHF issues and will also depend on how your client will answer their questions.

At best a Graded plan offer 75%, Slight chance of Standard 10% and Slight Chance of Decline 15%. Is my vote.

Impressive response. Trans is a whole new ball game compared to other pos carriers. He was also on carvedilol for HBP. He really through me off when he said he took the rib around 10 years ago and has not taken it since. Thanks for answer! I tried to get trans underwriting on phone and thy just wouldn't answer!

Impressive response. Trans is a whole new ball game compared to other pos carriers. He was also on carvedilol for HBP. He really through me off when he said he took the rib around 10 years ago and has not taken it since. Thanks for answer! I tried to get trans underwriting on phone and thy just wouldn't answer!

Carvedilol may change that up; for how long and what's the dosage?

Even if it is for HBP, Trans will look at Totality and will Decline this case....

30% chance of a Graded at Best. I will be very interested in hearing the result from the OP.

I have noticed in the past 3 months that they are tightening up on the CHF drugs in combination with other drugs/conditions. With a history of Stents, it will make them determine it as CHF.

The combination is what will kill it. Without Stents... This has a good chance at Preferred. With them. CHF will most likely win out.

Over 10 years. I didn't write that down. Shane on me. Plavix was at 75mg. I hate cases like these! Lol. Why can't everyone just have asthma or insulin.

If he fills out the supplemental app correctly and lists 10 plus yrs of usuage on most of these I say preferred. But if contradictory mib activity show up it could change everything. I've got things issued preferred with trans that boggle me. I think trans knows must of this stuff won't be on the books in 5 yrs.

If you are clear with the time frames and usage for the meds, you might actually get it approved as preferred. The problem that I find is that clients with multiple meds and a list of health issues that go back for years, tend to forget that they were prescribed something else or they screw up the time frames of current meds.

One misstatement on medications and your looking at graded with Trans.

When I deal with guys like this, I quote them graded/ROP prices with SNL and then let them know that I will send an app up to another carrier just in case I can do better on the price.

This turns into a win win for everyone, even if he is only approved as graded.

If you are clear with the time frames and usage for the meds, you might actually get it approved as preferred. The problem that I find is that clients with multiple meds and a list of health issues that go back for years, tend to forget that they were prescribed something else or they screw up the time frames of current meds.

One misstatement on medications and your looking at graded with Trans.

When I deal with guys like this, I quote them graded/ROP prices with SNL and then let them know that I will send an app up to another carrier just in case I can do better on the price.

This turns into a win win for everyone, even if he is only approved as graded.

You fill out 2 applications and then let them know which one they qualify for later on? I probably should have just written Gerber on him just in case. Is this a Mutual of Omaha graded opportunity?

Last edited:
Back