Is There a Way to Check a Phone Number Against the DNC List?

TradeCraze

Expert
IS there a way to check individual phone numbers against the DNC list? Also, if a person is listed in your local whitepages does this mean they are not on the DNC list?

Thanks!

IS there a way to check individual phone numbers against the DNC list? Also, if a person is listed in your local whitepages does this mean they are not on the DNC list?

Thanks!

Just because a number is listed in the white pages does not mean they are not on the DNC. Numbers are added to it all the time, typically can take 2 to 3 weeks before the number is completely added to the database.

Keep in mind also, new numbers are also connected everyday that are not on the DNC.

Thanks!

Most of the records in the phone book WILL be on the federal DNC. Somewhere around 75% depending on the area, but never much less than that. If they are listed in the whitepages there is a pretty good chance they're not a cell phone.

The DNC itself changes regularly, but not by much.

Most of the records in the phone book WILL be on the federal DNC. Somewhere around 75% depending on the area, but never much less than that. If they are listed in the whitepages there is a pretty good chance they're not a cell phone.

The DNC itself changes regularly, but not by much.

In all fairness there’s a lot more to it than just joining…

Joining the DNC is if you are a heavy phone user/cold calling. Registration and acquiring this data can cost as much as 15K plus per year depending on the areas you are working.

There’s also the process of "Scrubbing" or removing the requested DNC numbers from your new lists, against the DNC list every 30 days to ensure TCPA Compliance.

For the one off cold calls I suggest using the link originally posted. You can even check 3 numbers at a shot.

If you're an individual agent the time/money/aggravation that comes with the aforementioned process should just drive you to purchase qualified leads for what you're selling that are in the areas you're selling. Less of a chance of a violation that could become VERY VERY Costly.

In all fairness there’s a lot more to it than just joining…

Joining the DNC is if you are a heavy phone user/cold calling. Registration and acquiring this data can cost as much as 15K plus per year depending on the areas you are working.

There’s also the process of "Scrubbing" or removing the requested DNC numbers from your new lists, against the DNC list every 30 days to ensure TCPA Compliance.

For the one off cold calls I suggest using the link originally posted. You can even check 3 numbers at a shot.

If you're an individual agent the time/money/aggravation that comes with the aforementioned process should just drive you to purchase qualified leads for what you're selling that are in the areas you're selling. Less of a chance of a violation that could become VERY VERY Costly.

As far as expensive, you get 5 area codes free. The link I gave takes you to new registration for telemarketers. Since when doesn't a person need to register to be able to scrub?

I do buy scrubbed lists, and you're correct about the time involved with scrubbing all the #'s in the phone book...I've done it...10 at a time. Well worth the cost of a targeted list and you're only calling #'s you want to call. I think it's higher than 75% on the DNC list and growing all the time.

I use to scrub myself all of the time. Then once I got married my wife did the scrubbing for me. She got tired of it after a while, which I don't blame her, so now I pay someone else to do it...

Back