Tough Term Life Case

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I realize this is the FE Forum, but I have a lead who wants about $250,000 20YLT. He is 55 and is on disability since 2010 because of a back injury. Takes Percoset, Nucyenta and Gabapentin. I have called a half dozen or so underwriters and all say no. He has been declined 3 times before I came into the picture so I am thinking it is a lost cause.

If there's any company that'll approve this case it'll be Phoenix "Term Life Express": I've gotten several crazy cases approved with them including a 67 year old insulin diabetic & a 64 year old woman with RA & several depression meds.

I realize this is the FE Forum, but I have a lead who wants about $250,000 20YLT. He is 55 and is on disability since 2010 because of a back injury. Takes Percoset, Nucyenta and Gabapentin. I have called a half dozen or so underwriters and all say no. He has been declined 3 times before I came into the picture so I am thinking it is a lost cause.

Neither of PHX Life term products take individuals who are on Gabapentin , Insulin, and pain medications

Only *** agents say stuff like they get cases like this approved.

Just talked to an underwriter at Foresters and she said no problem. Could be a table rating as high as a 4 depending on their findings. At least it wasn't a NO.

Check on 5 star's term to 100.

can't be on disability, and can't ever been declined for coverage. to qualify for 5Star's product. Hope you aren't clean sheeting apps.

Maybe you should watch a training video on the product, before coming on an open forum and saying things like this

MOO TLE will take someone on disability for back or neck pain. The meds should be good, I don't have a sheet in front of me.

Make sure to qualify him financially too. A lot of carriers treat unearned income at a lower multiple of earnings for term.

On the Phoenix Term Life Express application:

Are the first set of "screening" questions 1-12 supposed to determine if qualified for the product ?

What are the the second set of "medical" questions in Section 2 for ?

On the Phoenix Term Life Express application:

Are the first set of "screening" questions 1-12 supposed to determine if qualified for the product ?

What are the the second set of "medical" questions in Section 2 for ?

first set of questions are Knock Out

Part 2 has their own questions that you can answer YES to. They use the answers, along with current/past medications , to determine eligibility, or if an APS is needed.

They have a formula which is kind of a pain. Ex. For term express ( non APS ) plan, if a person is taking so many medications, they are disqualified.

But they could then qualify for the safe harbor term, at about the same price or cheaper.

We tend to get both set of applications signed and completed, as a precaution.

IN my opinion , they are a company that you need to run your clients risk profile past, to get guidance on.

Back