Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to TransAmerica Commission Question?     
Old 09-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
Expert

State: HeadCase is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
TransAmerica Commission Question? TransAmerica Commission Question?
For the last couple months I haven't received my as earned comp at the beginning of the month. I assumed it was going towards a charge back I got after a client died and they rescinded the policy. Anyway I call today to check out what was going on and was told that they are no longer going to pay me my as earned comp because I didn't submit an app for 60 consecutive days. They have decided to apply it to my advance balance with out telling me first. Anyway my question is this. If they are taking my as earned comp and applying it to my advance balance what happens when my clients pay their premiums which would have normally reduce my advanced balance? Are they just going to keep my cash and double dip on me? Can they do that? Has anyone else had this happen to them?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to TransAmerica Commission Question?
Old 09-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #2
Guru

State: indiana260 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
indiana260 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
TransAmerica Commission Question?
Originally Posted by HeadCase View Post
For the last couple months I haven't received my as earned comp at the beginning of the month. I assumed it was going towards a charge back I got after a client died and they rescinded the policy. Anyway I call today to check out what was going on and was told that they are no longer going to pay me my as earned comp because I didn't submit an app for 60 consecutive days. They have decided to apply it to my advance balance with out telling me first. Anyway my question is this. If they are taking my as earned comp and applying it to my advance balance what happens when my clients pay their premiums which would have normally reduce my advanced balance? Are they just going to keep my cash and double dip on me? Can they do that? Has anyone else had this happen to them?
They will position it as earned
Old 09-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
Guru

State: Baseball7 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Baseball7 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
TransAmerica Commission Question? Re: TransAmerica Commission Question?
If you owe them money, obviously your earned deposit will go to pay that down. If you don't owe them, you earned income will continue but gradually decrease. Your TA earned deposit is made up of at times of unearned month 10/11/12 divided by 12 months as well
To.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:43 AM   #4
Guru
Iwillpay on TransAmerica Commission Question?

State: Iwillpay is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
TransAmerica Commission Question? Re: TransAmerica Commission Question?
Originally Posted by HeadCase View Post
Yes happened to me once. Just keep send them app each month.
You will eventually get all that belongs to you.

The insurance agent; the only person that brings a check for the funeral.
Reply to TransAmerica Commission Question? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum