Transamerica Policy

Cyborg7

Guru
100+ Post Club
Had a customer call me today & axed me "where does it say in this red policy that I have immediate day 1 coverage?"

Well I gotta be honest

I'm not seeing anything that clearly spells that out!

Had a customer call me today & axed me "where does it say in this red policy that I have immediate day 1 coverage?"

Well I gotta be honest

If it's WL it will have a non-forfeiture page with the DB starting in year one.

Well I gotta be honest

Policies do not state "immediate first day coverage" when they have it.. They state "graded benefits first XXX years" or similar language when they don't.

Yep & this customer of course wants something stating its not graded

Tell him you can't change a legal document. Like Rouse said if the graded terminology is not there then it's immediate. Look for the non-fort page (sample below). This may be one of those times that you 'can't fix stupid' and have to move on.

You could try having him call the home office and let him hear it from them...or suggest he take it to his lawyer (or the Southern equivalent of his sister's boyfriend that used to watch Ally McBeal).

Attachments

• Sample.pdf
    360.5 KB · Views: 25
I replaced a policy written 3 weeks ago and that policy had replaced a 10 yr old policy. Theses are largely uneducated lazy gov't sucking people that fill the cards out 10 are more times over a 5-10 yr period. They're easily swayed and manipulated. How do you think 50 agents can mail a county at the same time and all of us get leads?

Well I gotta be honest

Every policy states what the 1st year coverage is and the 2nd year and the 3rd year and so on.

JD

Do u have a transamerica policy handy to look at ?

No. But whenever I deliver my policies I show people that their coverage is immediate and where it says that in the policy.

Usually it's on the cash value page. I learned to do that because bankers agents here would take the policy and go to the cash value page and point out that the policy said $0 for the first 2 years. They would use that to tell the person it was a 2 year wait.

So I show them that and where the coverage is first year and I also warn them that some other agent might show them those cash values in an attempt to deceive them.

Gotcha

I think Trans has managed to create a page that doesn't show the first year death benefit

Back