Typical Day Selling FE

Im 2 months into fe sales and I need to know how you guys can shake off the despair, ignorance, stupidity, selfishness and general assholeishness of half the people who we are dealing with. Im coming home every day with a head ache. Leads are working well, roi is fine but these people are making my brain hurt. Just left a $250,00 house- newish car in the drive way. 74 year old female who tells me she cant afford $20 a month. Do you just walk away from these people or do you become the one person who tells them what a selfish asshole they are? I just told her that she didnt care about her children. That plain. I dont want to be the mean guy- thats not who I am. Im a problem solver. But her crying poor on $20 a month and living in relative luxury made my head explode. Should you just skim the cream off the top of the leads and forget the rest? Very few will answer their phones, they dont return messages and Im on the road hunting them down like the FBI. Im easily tripling my money with the 20 to 30 % that do answer. Do I just forget the rest? How do I deal with this level of stupidity? Im in Florida (sadness, sniff sniff)

What makes you say that? They all have Obama phones!

I have never heard of one underwearin' telasales agent make any decent money on a sustained level. Not just final expense, any life insurance.

----------

Im 2 months into fe sales and I need to know how you guys can shake off the despair, ignorance, stupidity, selfishness and general assholeishness of half the people who we are dealing with. Im coming home every day with a head ache. Leads are working well, roi is fine but these people are making my brain hurt. Just left a $250,00 house- newish car in the drive way. 74 year old female who tells me she cant afford $20 a month. Do you just walk away from these people or do you become the one person who tells them what a selfish asshole they are? I just told her that she didnt care about her children. That plain. I dont want to be the mean guy- thats not who I am. Im a problem solver. But her crying poor on $20 a month and living in relative luxury made my head explode. Should you just skim the cream off the top of the leads and forget the rest? Very few will answer their phones, they dont return messages and Im on the road hunting them down like the FBI. Im easily tripling my money with the 20 to 30 % that do answer. Do I just forget the rest? How do I deal with this level of stupidity? Im in Florida (sadness, sniff sniff)

Your gonna get that with any sales job, the FE client seems to be more of the loserish mentality. They are the bottom of the barrel type of people. But the money is gooooood.

How can you make the judgement she doesn't care about her children if she does not buy your FE plan? Sounds like she may have more than enough assets to pay her final expenses.

yes, but how do you control your temper? Ive been in sales all my life- my parents met at Prudential. Ive never had anger issues but these people are making me crazy. Their failure in life is clinging to me like a bad smell when I leave the house.Im not talking about the nice failures- Im talking about the arrogant ones who act like youre wasting their precious beer and cigarette time. I know I should just shake it off and look towards the numbers and Ive always been able to do that but these people are affecting my psyche.We have a totally different level of idiots in Florida....

----------

She does not have a trust, no life insurance, no money in annuities and no accounts that will not be frozen by probate. How do you suggest that her children access the money in time to pay the funeral home?

yes, but how do you control your temper? Ive been in sales all my life- my parents met at Prudential. Ive never had anger issues but these people are making me crazy. Their failure in life is clinging to me like a bad smell when I leave the house.Im not talking about the nice failures- Im talking about the arrogant ones who act like youre wasting their precious beer and cigarette time. I know I should just shake it off and look towards the numbers and Ive always been able to do that but these people are affecting my psyche.We have a totally different level of idiots in Florida....

----------

She does not have a trust, no life insurance, no money in annuities and no accounts that will not be frozen by probate. How do you suggest that her children access the money in time to pay the funeral home?

and you probably have yet to sit in cat pee yet.

O boy you are in for a treat!

She didnt say that she didnt see the need- she said she couldnt afford it. Drive a new car, live in a nice home but stick your kids with the funeral expense until they can sell the house... just saying

----------

I have sat in a variety of pee, cat and otherwise, no problem. go home and take a bath- burn the clothes. I think its the level of stupidity thats getting to me. Dirt, pee, dogs licking me in the face thats just another day.

----------

Look at it this way... these people are the reason you're getting paid 115%. Next time, thank 'em! That'll make you feel better.:idea:

Back