Typical Tuesday

I worked Freeport before lunch and ran up and down 98 this afternoon. Made 12 stops. Talked to 7 and sold 1. Gated communities and no phone number on the card. Can't get in. 1 man died in 2016 and his wife returned the card so she could chew on me because he was mailed one and don't you hate it when they are on the phone when they open the door so the caller gets to hear everything that is said. Let's not forget the daughter who sends in the card for her mother who is terminally ill in a nursing home.

I do explain it, i think. I dont mention an immediate plan to them. And i just say now bc you are on oxygen most insurance companies would decline you, however im still able to get you a plan that if you die in the first two yeara you get everything you put into it plus x% interest which is great. After two years even though you only may have paid x amount into this, your beneficiary will receive the full x amount no questions asked, that is fantastic considering you're oxygen.

Then I just kinda move away from it.

I got no training so id appreciate feedback.

I have seen so many agents explain ROP in a way that I'm shocked they ever get anyone to buy it. I don't believe in not explaining it at all, but you have to put a positive light on it.

"Just so you know Mrs. Mary, most companies would decline you altogether because of the Oxygen tank over there. The good news is, I have a company that will accept you even with the oxygen! As soon as you make your first payment, your beneficiary would get the full $10,000 if something happened to you accidentally. If you happened to pass away in a car wreck on the way to get groceries, fell down outside or anything like that, your daughter would get the full $10,000 immediately! The only stipulation they put on this policy is if you die from a natural cause in the first two years. They will give your daughter all the money back you paid in PLUS 10% INTEREST!"

Then I go squat down beside her and go over the company brochure of whichever company I am showing, then after that I hand her the "pitch sheet" with 3 prices (gold/silver/bronze) on it.

While she looks at that, I start filling out the application. After she answers the 3 questions I ask...
1. WHO WILL THE COMPANY BE WRITING A CHECK TO? (BENEFICIARY)
2. WILL THEY BE MAILING THE POLICY TO THIS ADDRESS OR A P.O. BOX?
3. WHAT IS YOUR DOB?
Then I look at her and say, now which one of those 3 plans is going to fit the most comfortably into your budget? Then wait on a response.

To top it off I talked to 1 man and just had his wife call and threaten me for knocking on her door. It is rude to do so. Should have called even though the card had no phone.

Knock em again tomorrow.. gotta have a lil fun out there, who knows maybe you'll sell they ole boy

I have seen so many agents explain ROP in a way that I'm shocked they ever get anyone to buy it. I don't believe in not explaining it at all, but you have to put a positive light on it.

"Just so you know Mrs. Mary, most companies would decline you altogether because of the Oxygen tank over there. The good news is, I have a company that will accept you even with the oxygen! As soon as you make your first payment, your beneficiary would get the full $10,000 if something happened to you accidentally. If you happened to pass away in a car wreck on the way to get groceries, fell down outside or anything like that, your daughter would get the full $10,000 immediately! The only stipulation they put on this policy is if you die from a natural cause in the first two years. They will give your daughter all the money back you paid in PLUS 10% INTEREST!"

Then I go squat down beside her and go over the company brochure of whichever company I am showing, then after that I hand her the "pitch sheet" with 3 prices (gold/silver/bronze) on it.

While she looks at that, I start filling out the application. After she answers the 3 questions I ask...
1. WHO WILL THE COMPANY BE WRITING A CHECK TO? (BENEFICIARY)
2. WILL THEY BE MAILING THE POLICY TO THIS ADDRESS OR A P.O. BOX?
3. WHAT IS YOUR DOB?
Then I look at her and say, now which one of those 3 plans is going to fit the most comfortably into your budget? Then wait on a response.

That's good stuff right there. One thing that I add is "Now, are you planning on 'assuming room temperature' in the next 24 months??" My experience is that they always say "no!" and laugh pretty hard. Makes it slide pretty easy after that.

LOL! I like the laughter idea! That softens up the sad truth that they should have got covered YEARS ago!

Back