Typical Tuesday

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Working south Walton county today. Been putting it off because I have found the people difficult to deal with. Knocked on 11doors this morning. Talked to 4 people. 1 older lady wanted me to speak with her daughter. 1 lady was on oxygen and didn't want ROP. 1 man had 3 stints in 10/16 and wanted level coverage. To top it off I talked to 1 man and just had his wife call and threaten me for knocking on her door. It is rude to do so. Should have called even though the card had no phone.

It happens man. One of my appointments today had a payee. The other had zero interest.

And the other three were serial responders.

Working south Walton county today. Been putting it off because I have found the people difficult to deal with. Knocked on 11doors this morning. Talked to 4 people. 1 older lady wanted me to speak with her daughter. 1 lady was on oxygen and didn't want ROP. 1 man had 3 stints in 10/16 and wanted level coverage. To top it off I talked to 1 man and just had his wife call and threaten me for knocking on her door. It is rude to do so. Should have called even though the card had no phone.

Is it common for someone to say they dont want Rop? Ive never heard that before. Infact, up until now i was pretty convinced our customers dont know the difference.

They don't know the difference unless you explain how it works to them. I always am up front so everyone knows what they have. Many people buy ROP from TV or mail and don't have a clue.

Is it common for someone to say they dont want Rop? Ive never heard that before. Infact, up until now i was pretty convinced our customers dont know the difference.

You really should be explaining how the coverage works. No one WANTS ROP, but many people will accept it if that is all they can get.

I do recall one person years ago who actually wanted ROP versus level. However, everything about him screamed that something was wrong, so I ended things and didn't write it.

You should have told her that they were rude first by not putting their phone number on the card! LOL

Most people do think it's rude. (No number? Can't you take a hint?) But then again, most people aren't salespeople.:nah:;)

You really should be explaining how the coverage works. No one WANTS ROP, but many people will accept it if that is all they can get.

I do recall one person years ago who actually wanted ROP versus level. However, everything about him screamed that something was wrong, so I ended things and didn't write it.

I do explain it, i think. I dont mention an immediate plan to them. And i just say now bc you are on oxygen most insurance companies would decline you, however im still able to get you a plan that if you die in the first two yeara you get everything you put into it plus x% interest which is great. After two years even though you only may have paid x amount into this, your beneficiary will receive the full x amount no questions asked, that is fantastic considering you're oxygen.

Then I just kinda move away from it.

I got no training so id appreciate feedback.

I do explain it, i think. I dont mention an immediate plan to them. And i just say now bc you are on oxygen most insurance companies would decline you, however im still able to get you a plan that if you die in the first two yeara you get everything you put into it plus x% interest which is great. After two years even though you only may have paid x amount into this, your beneficiary will receive the full x amount no questions asked, that is fantastic considering you're oxygen.

No problem at all with that. With that you said earlier I got the impression you didn't explain it at all.

I have found, you can tell some people until you are blue in the face about ROP and they just ignore it until suddenly they ask again, "I'm covered immediately, right?"

The best way to explain ROP is to compare the guaranteed return to CD's. Worse comes to worse, their family gets a guaranteed 5% for two years. Try getting that in a CD.:err:

Back