Ugh I Got a Chargeback Now what ??

Cyborg7

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok so I will be honest I'm not some mega producer .. So it's not like I'm writing 600-700 policies yearly but I still manage 200+ policies annually. I just do FE part time as my day job is not one I can afford to give up. Anyways long story short I just got my first chargeback ever (started FE in 2011). I'm furious because this lady swore up & down that she loved her family and didn't wanna burden them - yet she lapsed!!!!

1) what do I do with the negative amount / can I pay the carrier back or ?? What happens

2) should I continue dabbling in this as a side gig or is it time to hang it up.

I'm reeling here, maybe I'm overreacting but geez this chargeback really stinks.

Ok so I will be honest I'm not some mega producer .. So it's not like I'm writing 600-700 policies yearly but I still manage 200+ policies annually. I just do FE part time as my day job is not one I can afford to give up. Anyways long story short I just got my first chargeback ever (started FE in 2011). I'm furious because this lady swore up & down that she loved her family and didn't wanna burden them - yet she lapsed!!!!

1) what do I do with the negative amount / can I pay the carrier back or ?? What happens

2) should I continue dabbling in this as a side gig or is it time to hang it up.

I'm reeling here, maybe I'm overreacting but geez this chargeback really stinks.

You should try contacting Spur City and John Galt here on the forum. They teamed up a while back and are offering a great program for FE agents...

Cancellations are part of the deal. You write 200 policies a year and you're freaking out over one measly lapse?:wacko:

At this point I would suggest hanging it up and trying something else. Final Expense obviously isn't for you...

I know where you can put your talents to good use and get yo skills fo life

Last edited by a moderator:
I had 3 Lapses and from one carrier this month, glad there gone. Some of my carriers I don't even go on there website and look. Write more business, find good people, move on.

Sometimes even a "yes" is just a "no" disgusted as one for now.

Are you still partying all night and dating your FE clients? You didn't wear the Bunny Suit for her did you? no wonder she lapsed.....

Back