UHL Pros App ?

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
Was just looking at the UHL app and had a question for you guys that use them a lot.

Under Part B the app says:

In the past 2 years:

1. Have you been diagnosed or treated for, or are you currently under treatment for:

f. Lung Disease (except controlled, mild asthma not requiring any hospitalization in the past 2 years)?

My question is if someone was diagnosed with COPD, say 3 years ago, but are not on any inhalers/O2 would they be able to answer this question no?

If they are on an inhaler would that be a yes to this questionable?

I get so many people with COPD, I'm trying to find all the companies that will do Immed coverage.

While an inhaler is treatment, UHL does consider some as maintenance meds. I'd call an underwriter and ask. A lot of the heart meds they will take if the person has been on it for over 2 years and no "incidents" in the past two years.

But if you are thinking Provider, you are playing with fire. Put this person on the Express product where they will be a little more forgiving. Usually the savings isn't much at all anyway.

While an inhaler is treatment, UHL does consider some as maintenance meds. I'd call an underwriter and ask. A lot of the heart meds they will take if the person has been on it for over 2 years and no "incidents" in the past two years.

But if you are thinking Provider, you are playing with fire. Put this person on the Express product where they will be a little more forgiving. Usually the savings isn't much at all anyway.

Oh I don't have a specefic case, but I'm literally running into like 3-4 people with COPD a week. Most of the time they're on no meds or just albuterol. Just trying to find the best company for my lung diseased client:1err:

Oh I don't have a specefic case, but I'm literally running into like 3-4 people with COPD a week. Most of the time they're on no meds or just albuterol. Just trying to find the best company for my lung diseased client:1err:

For FE, look to a company that is almost never mentioned, Assurity. They can be a complete pain in the rear sometimes, but they will take some cases others won't and often at good rates.

They will take COPD with no oxygen and no smoking, nebulizers welcome.

For FE, look to a company that is almost never mentioned, Assurity. They can be a complete pain in the rear sometimes, but they will take some cases others won't and often at good rates.

Hmm...that's good to know. Ill have to look at their app. I know Columbians New Century Perm SIWL will cover COPD with no O2.

They go back 10 years on cancer and 3 years on most everything else.

Finding someone with COPD and no other issues is gonna be hard lol:1mad:

Assurity SIWL application for IN:

Section A, Q #2: ..........had chronic respiratory disease such as COPD or emphysema; been treated with oxygen; .......................

Treated with oxyg or not, I don't see anyway to answer that question with a 'NO'. A yes answer is a knockout question; coverage cannot be issued.

Either your app is different or one of us is misinterpretting something here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I get so many people with COPD, I'm trying to find all the companies that will do Immed coverage.

The only two that I know of are Transamerica (Monu in some states) or Equitable Life, but only immed covg if non smoker. With Equitables recent revamping of their product the COPD rate class for n/s is now considered Std as opposed to Pref, so Equitables rate is higher than Transamerica's for n/s now... so they are essentially a no-go except in a rare cases. So fill up your bag with TA apps and write away.

Last edited:
Assurity SIWL application for IN:

Section A, Q #2: ..........had chronic respiratory disease such as COPD or emphysema; been treated with oxygen; .......................

Treated with oxyg or not, I don't see anyway to answer that question with a 'NO'. A yes answer is a knockout question; coverage cannot be issued.

Either your app is different or one of us is misinterpretting something here.

They wrote it wrong. I use to think the same, but check the underwriting guide and ask underwriting. It is ok if there is no oxygen.

Back