United Insurance/ Bundle Fire and Life

trainhard49

I talked with a 36 year old female that has 15k of life ins. with United Insurance bundled with fire ins. on her trailer for $73.00 a month. United is a debit company or at least they used to be. She has 5k on her 4 year old daughter as well. Any ideas how to break out the life and she keeps the fire??

They aren't bundled. Listed on same payment book but separate policies. Just tell her to only pay for the fire when the agent comes back around. Better be a good salesman because they use tricks worse than LH to keep their clients.

They are separate policies. Very easy to show how much more insurance she can get. The thing you need to watch for with the debit agents is their lies toward you and other companies.

I've had United agents tell the client that my policy wouldn't pay before two years even though it was immediate benefit. They would cite contestability.

They try to make the client feel really bad for wanting better coverage by telling them they are making a huge mistake because they've had their current policy for X number of years.

Plus the clients sometimes are too stupid to switch. I had one lady tell me that even though I could get her 20K of coverage immediately and hers was 5K of coverage guaranty issue, she said she wasn't switching because, "I like him a lot."

I just replaced, well really not replaced one of their debit agents on a policy, well a list of policies. Turns out the poor old lady had everyone...children, grandchildren insured yet she only had the fire protection on herself, no life coverage on her, we verified and called the home office. Whats funny is the one grand daughter who is not insured and is not a dead beat is the one who set up the appt for all us to talk, the really funny thing is since January of this year the poor ole lady has been paying $70.00 more on the policies, when the grand daughter called to ask why it went up the agent told her the debit agent before him sold her a life policy, complete BS and a lie, he is stealing her money, it clearly shows on the policy receipt book that he should only be collecting x amount, but the original amount at the top is crossed out and the new amount is written in.....smells fishy and I hope this thieving crooked bastard thief goes to jail or at least looses his license. No replacement due to the fact the lady had no insurance, her grand daughter was steaming mad and the old lady was in tears, this agent has been taking a cash payment from her debit route and pocketing the money. The grand daughter is going to be there the next time he comes to collect and she is gonna tell him to shove the policy up his rear and cancel them. I told her if she needed any direction on what to do to take it a step further let me know and ill point her in the right direction, I hope this scum bag tries to joust with me after I found him out, what a moron, coward and thief, hope he has better sense than to mess with this deal or its aces for his arse.

I just replaced, well really not replaced one of their debit agents on a policy, well a list of policies. Turns out the poor old lady had everyone...children, grandchildren insured yet she only had the fire protection on herself, no life coverage on her, we verified and called the home office. Whats funny is the one grand daughter who is not insured and is not a dead beat is the one who set up the appt for all us to talk, the really funny thing is since January of this year the poor ole lady has been paying $70.00 more on the policies, when the grand daughter called to ask why it went up the agent told her the debit agent before him sold her a life policy, complete BS and a lie, he is stealing her money, it clearly shows on the policy receipt book that he should only be collecting x amount, but the original amount at the top is crossed out and the new amount is written in.....smells fishy and I hope this thieving crooked bastard thief goes to jail or at least looses his license. No replacement due to the fact the lady had no insurance, her grand daughter was steaming mad and the old lady was in tears, this agent has been taking a cash payment from her debit route and pocketing the money. The grand daughter is going to be there the next time he comes to collect and she is gonna tell him to shove the policy up his rear and cancel them. I told her if she needed any direction on what to do to take it a step further let me know and ill point her in the right direction, I hope this scum bag tries to joust with me after I found him out, what a moron, coward and thief, hope he has better sense than to mess with this deal or its aces for his arse.

JG...always knows how to make me smile...tell us how you really feel...lol

Good for you. Sh1tbags like that piss me off.

I have replaced a number of United's debit policies the last several years. In one case a lady had a total of $10000 in about 3 policies with about 2000 in loans. She said she never took out the loans to get money but the agent had her sign a loan form to pay premiums over the years. After she questioned the "new agent" she started paying extra each month to pay down the loan. (United agents are notorious for using cash value loans to pay premiums in order to keep their arrears down)

I remember the policies were about 10 years old. I put her on bank draft and was able to almost double her coverage for the same amount she was paying in premium. United's premiums are highly rated.

You are right about the agent coming back though. I replaced one several years ago, put it on bank draft. Increased her coverage and saved her money. She wanted to keep the fire policy so I told her to just pay that to the agent. Six months or so later my policy was cancelled. I called her to find out why. She said....well the agent kept coming back and made me feel so bad about cancelling his.....geez.

If you leave a door cracked for the agent to keep coming back they are like cockroaches.:1arghh:

Back