Vegetative State? Nursing Home?

BYSFG

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Im trying to find some answers for a potential client but Im hitting a wall. This seems to fall more into the FE side. Maybe something you folks have ran across or encounter.

Im still trying to get more information, but on a general level it sounds more like falling under uninsurable. Like I said, Im waiting to get more information since it was pretty vague, but would, "if you can fog a mirror" apply in terms of GI? Specially since the legality of defining, "legally dead" with brain activity/vegetative state etc.

May have to suggest funeral pre need? Would that even possible? Dont really have much information on this.

TIA.

Im trying to find some answers for a potential client but Im hitting a wall. This seems to fall more into the FE side. Maybe something you folks have ran across or encounter.

Im still trying to get more information, but on a general level it sounds more like falling under uninsurable. Like I said, Im waiting to get more information since it was pretty vague, but would, "if you can fog a mirror" apply in terms of GI? Specially since the legality of defining, "legally dead" with brain activity/vegetative state etc.

May have to suggest funeral pre need? Would that even possible? Dont really have much information on this.

TIA.

Sounds like your client lacks the mental capacity to enter into a contract.. Perhaps a legal guardian can contract for them but I doubt that most companies would allow it.

I would check to see if they have a POA. Not sure all the specifics of what you're asking, but I just did a policy for a guy in a nursing home in not so good shape with Gerber and his wife was his POA. Make sure to have all necessary paperwork or app will not get issued. Mine just got approved since they needed to review everything. Hope that helps

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it will be someone else, mostly someone with POA.

Although I just got more information, I dont think it will be possible anymore cause of the new information just provided.

I may just suggest that they consider working with the funeral home to see if they can prepare accordingly since I dont have much information on that part.

Sounds like your client lacks the mental capacity to enter into a contract.. Perhaps a legal guardian can contract for them but I doubt that most companies would allow it.

I was reading on some cases which sounded more like pre need in those given circumstances. I was hoping this may have been the case.

I would check to see if they have a POA. Not sure all the specifics of what you're asking, but I just did a policy for a guy in a nursing home in not so good shape with Gerber and his wife was his POA. Make sure to have all necessary paperwork or app will not get issued. Mine just got approved since they needed to review everything. Hope that helps

Ill have to keep this in mind for future cases.

Thanks to you both.

TIA.

If the person is between age 45-85 then MoO's GI will take them. That's pretty much their options other than preneed.

I've been burned with Gi's on chargebacks. Unless I can get somebody issued with a rop or graded with no chargebacks for death i'm giving them moo's #.

Just do it like all of us FE pros do when prospecting nursing homes.

Help him grip his pen and guide his hand as he's signing his signature.

/sarcasm.

----------

TIA.

Great Western
allows a POA on GI business if you like the feeling of pounding your face into a concrete wall.

Just do it like all of us FE pros do when prospecting nursing homes.

Help him grip his pen and guide his hand as he's signing his signature.

/sarcasm.

----------

stock-photo-36668534-hands-holding-tools-roll-of-duct-tape.jpg

If the person is between age 45-85 then MoO's GI will take them. That's pretty much their options other than preneed.

I was considering that as well after lurking old posts.

Assisted tube feeding/breathing. I would venture on saying that it may be classified as, "legally dead." Not sure if any carriers will even consider taking that on?

If any FE gurus stumble in here again, what are the chances of finding a carrier that would insure someone whose had a past history of stroke, diabetic, and heart attack?

Looking through UW guide, its an auto decline/uninsurable with most carriers when its diabetes + either or. Starting to look like a GI case.

I was considering that as well after lurking old posts.

Assisted tube feeding/breathing. I would venture on saying that it may be classified as, "legally dead." Not sure if any carriers will even consider taking that on?

If any FE gurus stumble in here again, what are the chances of finding a carrier that would insure someone whose had a past history of stroke, diabetic, and heart attack?

Looking through UW guide, its an auto decline/uninsurable with most carriers when its diabetes + either or. Starting to look like a GI case.

The nursing home alone makes this a GI case.

As far as past history of the other stuff I'm assuming you mean on someone not in a nursing home? It's going to depend on how long ago all that stuff happened.

Back