Very Busy Week with Great Results

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Had to take my 88 year old Dad to UAB to see his oncologist on Monday. Brought him back on Tuesday so I only had 2 days in the field this week. Wednesday 6 applications $2868.48AP and Thursday 3 applications $2217.24 for a 2 day total of 9 applications and $5085.72AP. Door knocked every lead. I really needed this.

Give you a little history about my Dad. He worked for Liberty National on a debit for about 30 years. Every time he sees me he asks about my production and if I have any leads. Well about a year ago he was diagnosed with lung cancer, he has a tumor in his left lung. He decided to go to a local oncologist who basically did nothing for him and I assume it was because of his age, but for 88 he is very active. I was always asking about this treatment or that each time I would take him for his visit and was told nothing could be done. The last time we went to Pensacola we were told "You have Stage 4 lung cancer go home and relax in your recliner and call hospice." Now that pissed me and my Dad off enough that we sought a 2nd opinion. Went to UAB and saw a doctor there. Took all of his records, but she didn't understand why the local doctor was doing what he did so she decided to run a test to see if Dad's DNA or something matched so he could take some oral chemo. This is not a cure, but could extend his life a few years. She called the doctor in Pensacola and asked him about my Dad and when she told him that she had done the test he stated that he had done the test and my Dad qualified. I had specifically asked him time and again about this and he had told me no. Then to our surprise he called both of us and wanted to write a prescription. Told us that the sooner we had it filled the better my Dad would feel. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why didn't he give it to us months ago? Well anyway we ain't going back to him and I hope he has good insurance because we have a lawyer looking at the case. I don't believe in withholding treatment no matter how old a person is. If you qualify for treatment you should be able to get it.

Had to take my 88 year old Dad to UAB to see his oncologist on Monday. Brought him back on Tuesday so I only had 2 days in the field this week. Wednesday 6 applications $2868.48AP and Thursday 3 applications $2217.24 for a 2 day total of 9 applications and $5085.72AP. Door knocked every lead. I really needed this.

Give you a little history about my Dad. He worked for Liberty National on a debit for about 30 years. Every time he sees me he asks about my production and if I have any leads. Well about a year ago he was diagnosed with lung cancer, he has a tumor in his left lung. He decided to go to a local oncologist who basically did nothing for him and I assume it was because of his age, but for 88 he is very active. I was always asking about this treatment or that each time I would take him for his visit and was told nothing could be done. The last time we went to Pensacola we were told "You have Stage 4 lung cancer go home and relax in your recliner and call hospice." Now that pissed me and my Dad off enough that we sought a 2nd opinion. Went to UAB and saw a doctor there. Took all of his records, but she didn't understand why the local doctor was doing what he did so she decided to run a test to see if Dad's DNA or something matched so he could take some oral chemo. This is not a cure, but could extend his life a few years. She called the doctor in Pensacola and asked him about my Dad and when she told him that she had done the test he stated that he had done the test and my Dad qualified. I had specifically asked him time and again about this and he had told me no. Then to our surprise he called both of us and wanted to write a prescription. Told us that the sooner we had it filled the better my Dad would feel. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why didn't he give it to us months ago? Well anyway we ain't going back to him and I hope he has good insurance because we have a lawyer looking at the case. I don't believe in withholding treatment no matter how old a person is. If you qualify for treatment you should be able to get it.

My mom was in ICU of UAB for 11 months. I lived in a town house there at the hospital for 11 months. Was a tough time for sure. Visitation at 8/10/1/5/8 every day. I hope your dad gets better buddy.

Great week! Congrats... Tell your dad to hang in there. I am not as old as he is (72) but I was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer.. When I asked the Dr who diagnosed it what the prognosis was, he told me it was "massive and incurable".. I said, "So you are telling me to go home and get ready to die " and he answered, "You need to do whatever you need to do".
I got an appointment with an oncologist and he told me, "Doctors can predict but God decides". He prescribed chemo and then radiation. I have been treatment free for 6 years. Whenever I see my radiation oncologist for a check up he always smiles and shakes his head. He tells me he cannot believe I survived. I told him I thought throat cancer was one of the more survivable cancers and he told me that is true but not when it is at the advanced stage and as massive as mine. He says few ever survive under those circumstances. (he never told me that during treatment).

So tell your Dad to ignore any Dr. that says there is no reason to try... The end is in God's hands and not the Doctor's. Prayers being offered for him.

Great week! Congrats... Tell your dad to hang in there. I am not as old as he is (72) but I was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer.. When I asked the Dr who diagnosed it what the prognosis was, he told me it was "massive and incurable".. I said, "So you are telling me to go home and get ready to die " and he answered, "You need to do whatever you need to do".
I got an appointment with an oncologist and he told me, "Doctors can predict but God decides". He prescribed chemo and then radiation. I have been treatment free for 6 years. Whenever I see my radiation oncologist for a check up he always smiles and shakes his head. He tells me he cannot believe I survived. I told him I thought throat cancer was one of the more survivable cancers and he told me that is true but not when it is at the advanced stage and as massive as mine. He says few ever survive under those circumstances. (he never told me that during treatment).

So tell your Dad to ignore any Dr. that says there is no reason to try... The end is in God's hands and not the Doctor's. Prayers being offered for him.

Wow that's awesome! Glad you told cancer to **** off!

I'm sorry that you had to deal with a doctor like that. Have you looked at this website?

https://www.ratemds.com/

I love that doctors are capable of being rated now as it is like any other professions some great, some good, some awful. I know there are some dumb doctors out there because I went to school with some girls that I wouldn't let diagnose me with a cold.

Back