Visiting from Another State

Bobster999

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
If someone lives in another state but is visiting in your state, can you write them with any company? I think you can with settlers, any others? anything extra that needs to be done on the app etc... ?

In Florida, a client can cross over the state border to meet you here, sign, and go back home ten minutes later and be covered!

Now, the question is, What states will allow that?

I would bet most if not all!

In Florida, a client can cross over the state border to meet you here, sign, and go back home ten minutes later and be covered!

Now, the question is, What states will allow that?

I would bet most if not all!

Most states frown on that and generally it is the state the person is a resident of, not the state it was signed in.

Some companies will require an extra form documenting why the person purchased insured outside their state of residence. Particularly if you are not licensed in the person's resident state. I would contact the company you want to use and ask their take on it and what they would require.

Im going to use TransAmerica for this. I called underwriting and he said thats no problem at all. Thanks

It matters what state the app is signed in.

I also recently contacted UoO, in regards to their Children's Whole Life and they said that grandparent could be in application state and grandkid(s) in another state.

I do quite a few of these apps along with the FE sale.

I know that you like that product bboman23! :biggrin:

I also recently contacted UoO, in regards to their Children's Whole Life and they said that grandparent could be in application state and grandkid(s) in another state.

I do quite a few of these apps along with the FE sale.

I know that you like that product bboman23! :biggrin:

That is a completely different issue. The owner does not have to be in the same state as the insured. In that case, you just need to know if the company wants you to use the insured's state or the owner's state.

The question here is when someone signs an application while outside their state of residence, which is a much bigger deal. The main reason it is done is to get around licensing requirements: the agent's, the company's or the product's.

Latest posts

Back