Warmer Weather, Doing or Dk Ing

Meghan28

Super Genius
Boston,MA
So with the warmer weather coming(I am in the Northeast) I want to break out my comfy clothes so I can be relaxed when visiting prospective clients. Some of which do not even know they are a "prospective client" but will be buying life insurance. They just can't live without it. I am thinking this summer of down dressing. I have heard from a few top producers that wear shorts, t shirt, sneakers and knock it out of the park. So I will follow suit. Going to wear a combination of leggings or capris,shorts, with a respectable top. Anyone think this is ok?

So with the warmer weather coming(I am in the Northeast) I want to break out my comfy clothes so I can be relaxed when visiting prospective clients. Some of which do not even know they are a "prospective client" but will be buying life insurance. They just can't live without it. I am thinking this summer of down dressing. I have heard from a few top producers that wear shorts, t shirt, sneakers and knock it out of the park. So I will follow suit. Going to wear a combination of leggings or capris,shorts, with a respectable top. Anyone think this is ok?

At the risk of being "politically incorrect" (or a Southern pig) it depends on what you look like and what kind of neighborhoods you are going into. I'm sure you are aware that a women going unannounced alone inside a home isn't the safest thing to do. I cold call door knock all day and even I, as handsome as I am, have been chased by rednecks on more that one occasion.

My advice is to look yourself over, then the home you want to door knock on, and ask yourself if you'd feel comfortable with your daughter in the same situation.

Perhaps some other of forum ladies can chime in here? Ummm..."other" meaning other than you....not me. :skeptical:

Will need to see a selfie to eliminate any speculation.

...a few top producers that wear shorts, t shirt, sneakers and knock it out of the park...

Sounds like BS! I'm all for dress casual, maybe even include high end pair of jeans with dress shoes but this seems like they were feeding you a line of crap.

--------------------------
I stand corrected - Just read in another thread that Spur City does the shorts thing.

Last edited:
Maybe the agents you mention wearing shorts, tennis shoes and t shirts are trying to pick up some referrals while hooping it up on the basketball court:D

While it is no longer required that a person "dress up", there is such a thing as overdoing the "dressing down". Rather than taking your cue from a man who is in a different part of the country that has a hot climate, look around you and see how the other female business people dress and dress accordingly. I am willing to say the majority are not wearing shorts and flip flops, especially those that call on clients in their homes.

Wearing flip flops is an accident waiting to happen with all of our cigarette smoking clients*imo. Not to mention, I find rottweilers are easier to run away from in tennis shoes.:D Flowered shirts, flip flops, and shorts might be the uniform of choice in Hawaii however :cool:

Sounds like BS! I'm all for dress casual, maybe even include high end pair of jeans with dress shoes but this seems like they were feeding you a line of crap.

--------------------------
I stand corrected - Just read in another thread that Spur City does the shorts thing.

Just getting in from a meeting with the owner of a small tech company. He was in shorts and flip-flops I was in Wranglers and boots. His smoken wife was in a low cut something and 4" heals. At his home.

Just getting in from a meeting with the owner of a small tech company. He was in shorts and flip-flops I was in Wranglers and boots. His smoken wife was in a low cut something and 4" heals. At his home.

Sooooo she was smoken or smoking....what was she smoking?.. And did she heal ok or was she wearing heels? :biggrin:

Back