What Has Happen to SNL Producers?

That's why replacement forms are for suckers!

I respectfully disagree. A Replacement Form is confirmation that my replacement was in the best interest of my client.

I believe that the only reason any agent would avoid completing a Replacement Form is because that agent knows the original policy should not be replaced.

Or you don't want a company that your licensed with and do business with to know you replaced their policy. Thats grounds to terminate for cause and keep your renewals. Anyone on here ever hear of a company doing that?

Or you don't want a company that your licensed with and do business with to know you replaced their policy. Thats grounds to terminate for cause and keep your renewals. Anyone on here ever hear of a company doing that?

I have replaced with every company I am licensed with at least once. I always complete the Replacement Form and give details why the policy is being replaced. That said, I replace very seldom, possibly 3 to 4 times annually.

I don't think that's grounds to term for cause.

Alvin at Trinity/FBL says he will term any agent contracted with them that replaces Trinity/FBL. Doesn't matter who wrote it.

But I don't know if he has actually termed anyone for it. I do know of a couple that were threatened.

I have replaced a couple Trinity policies. But I informed him each time in advance and why and he didn't have a problem with it.

KSKJ says they have a "zero tolerance" on it and will term an agent for replacing KSKJ. Don't know if they ever have.

You're a full time Fe agent and only replaced 3or 4 times a yr?

Full time agent. FE Policies make up approx 40% of my annual business. The balance is term.

----------

I don't think that's grounds to term for cause.

Alvin at Trinity/FBL says he will term any agent contracted with them that replaces Trinity/FBL. Doesn't matter who wrote it.

But I don't know if he has actually termed anyone for it. I do know of a couple that were threatened.

I have replaced a couple Trinity policies. But I informed him each time in advance and why and he didn't have a problem with it.

KSKJ says they have a "zero tolerance" on it and will term an agent for replacing KSKJ. Don't know if they ever have.

I would think that carriers understand replacements are part of the business.

ETA: How could anyone find a product that is better than KSKJ? Based on what I've read, I thought they were nearly impossible to replace, due to their rates.

Last edited:
Full time agent. FE Policies make up approx 40% of my annual business. The balance is term and FU.

----------

I would think that carriers understand replacements are part of the business.

ETA: How could anyone find a product that is better than KSKJ? Based on what I've read, I thought they were nearly impossible to replace, due to their rates.

That's what we have told them when they say they will terminate agents that replace them.

But, an insulin user is standard with them. Their standard rates are pretty good but not unbeatable. I wrote an insulin user Trinity this week because it was $10/mo less than KSKJ.

I respectfully disagree. A Replacement Form is confirmation that my replacement was in the best interest of my client.

I believe that the only reason any agent would avoid completing a Replacement Form is because that agent knows the original policy should not be replaced.

Its a matter of principle with me. I shouldn't need the government's permission to replace an insurance policy. What business is it of their's why I'm replacing another company's policy? I only do a replacement if what I'm offering is level and the replaced product is ROP; or it is seriously overpriced; or it was a Term product and the client didn't even know it ( I replace more Globe policies than any other carrier). But I still don't do a replacement form because, well, the state can F* off.

That's what we have told them when they say they will terminate agents that replace them.

But, an insulin user is standard with them. Their standard rates are pretty good but not unbeatable. I wrote an insulin user Trinity this week because it was $10/mo less than KSKJ.

I wonder if they've ever run the numbers to calculate how much new business they receive annually that is replacing another carrier?

It surprises me to learn that Trinity beat KSKJ by $10/mo. on an insulin user.

----------

Its a matter of principle with me. I shouldn't need the government's permission to replace an insurance policy. What business is it of their's why I'm replacing another company's policy? I only do a replacement if what I'm offering is level and the replaced product is ROP; or it is seriously overpriced; or it was a Term product and the client didn't even know it ( I replace more Globe policies than any other carrier). But I still don't do a replacement form because, well, the state can F* off.

A matter of principle? Didn't you need the government's permission to get your license?

I believe they think it is their business because insurance is a regulated industry.

I wonder if they've ever run the numbers to calculate how much new business they receive annually that is replacing another carrier?

It surprises me to learn that Trinity beat KSKJ by $10/mo. on an insulin user.

It was a large case. Trinity was $152/mo. KSKJ would have been $162/mo.

Several companies are competitive with KSKJ standard. On a female 63-74 insulin user RNA is usually cheaper than KSKJ too. Trinity almost always is.

On non smokers. If they smoke then very few companies, if any, are beating KSKJ.

Back