What if There Really Was a Mutual of Obama

Surancedawg

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What if there was a heavily subsidized FE plan which offered GI with immediate first day coverage, with premiums as low as $0/month for $25K of coverage. And this was the only plan that met the requirements of the Affordable Funeral Care Act (AFCA), so any other plan offered would be considered non-AFCA compliant and would subject policyholders to a penalty for not enrolling in the mandatory AFCA plan?

But you really don't want to bother getting appointed with Mutual of Obama. They don't pay any commission on those plans anymore.

Oh, and the only decent FE alternative you can offer is Term Life, and the term is limited to 90 days.

That would be kind of tough to compete against, wouldn't it be? Well that is exactly the situation with under-65 individual health insurance at this point. Just imagine the wonders that fed.gov could do for the life insurance industry if they ever decide they want to take that over as well.:yes:

We can only hope that never happens. Fortunately, life insurance doesn't affect the insured while they are living so there won't ever really be pressure by voters to change something that only affects them when they are dead.

In all honestly though what you just described really sucks for those in the health insurance biz :(

We can only hope that never happens. Fortunately, life insurance doesn't affect the insured while they are living so there won't ever really be pressure by voters to change something that only affects them when they are dead.

In all honestly though what you just described really sucks for those in the health insurance biz :(

Well, when enough people get funeral costs dumped on them because the dearly departed had no FE/burial coverage, maybe they'll *discover* that they're entitled to free or inexpensive life insurance coverage too. Afterall, the Constitution never guaranteed anyone free/cheap health insurance either, but an awful lot of people seem to think it does.

Well, when enough people get funeral costs dumped on them because the dearly departed had no FE/burial coverage, maybe they'll *discover* that they're entitled to free or inexpensive life insurance coverage too. Afterall, the Constitution never guaranteed anyone free/cheap health insurance either, but an awful lot of people seem to think it does.

The only blessing was that everyone saw the health insurance business going bad way in advance. That cheese is long gone.

The only blessing was that everyone saw the health insurance business going bad way in advance. That cheese is long gone.

Yeah, but some of us hoped that maybe with Trump coming in, he would waste no time in dumping the whole wretched thing. Looking like that may not be the case.

I decided to dabble in Obamacare enrollments this past OEP because I had so many FE prospects/clients in the 50-64 age range telling me their number one insurance concern was getting health coverage. Didn't think the carriers would go completely to 0% commish, but that's what they've done.

My response?

" guess it's time to go back to life as a paramedic" if the industry took that kind of a dump.

Please show me the health insurance premiums that are $0/month? My clients would love those.

The best thing about "Obamacare" is that it was first proposed by The Heritage Foundation as a counter to "Hillarycare".

Turns out the carriers wanted Obamacare, profits have soared, and the free market decided agents weren't worth the paper their contracts were printed on.

We already have a form of this in MN. Counties cover 3000-3500 to pay for a funeral (primarily a cremation) in MN for those considered indigent.

Please show me the health insurance premiums that are $0/month? My clients would love those.

The best thing about "Obamacare" is that it was first proposed by The Heritage Foundation as a counter to "Hillarycare".

Turns out the carriers wanted Obamacare, profits have soared, and the free market decided agents weren't worth the paper their contracts were printed on.

I sold some Ambetter Bronze HMO plans in FL this OEP that, after the premium subsidy and cost sharing reduction, were literally $0/month. Fortunately, the commission was based on the cost before the subsidy and CSR. Unfortunately, it was only 2% :twitchy: .

And what do you mean insurance companies profits have soared since Obamacare was implemented? They can't wait to abandon the whole damn thing because they are losing money out their arses on Obamacare. That's the reason they've stopped paying commissions on it. They want to discourage agents from even enrolling people in it.

Last edited:
Back