What Would You Do?

Well I met with this prospect after 4 today. He is an insulin dependent diabetic with complications bad enough to be on dialysis. As bad as it was these 2 issues were the only ones he had. He showed me an illustration that the other agent involved had drawn. He quoted Gerber. Had my business card stapled to the top right corner and the other agent's name and phone at the bottom. I told the prospect that I did not know the agent. He said that he told him that he was an intern and couldn't sell the policy. I am not sure how I got involved, but I appreciate it. May call the agent and give him a gift.

Sold the applicant SNL instead of Gerber. Saved him about $10 a month.
Call the agent up & get him a SNL contract. :yes:

Well I met with this prospect after 4 today. He is an insulin dependent diabetic with complications bad enough to be on dialysis. As bad as it was these 2 issues were the only ones he had. He showed me an illustration that the other agent involved had drawn. He quoted Gerber. Had my business card stapled to the top right corner and the other agent's name and phone at the bottom. I told the prospect that I did not know the agent. He said that he told him that he was an intern and couldn't sell the policy. I am not sure how I got involved, but I appreciate it. May call the agent and give him a gift.

Something doesnt add up here. Could this possibly be a "secret shopper"?

Never known of a secrete shopper for life insurance.

That's because it's a really well kept secret. Wouldn't it be fun to work as a secret FE shopper? Just repeatedly fill out cards, respond to calls and shop online to compare different agents and companies? You'd have a video recording of everything for your report to whoever was secretly paying you.

Never known of a secrete shopper for life insurance.

In Ky you have to be a licensed funeral director to sell preneed.

There are some that sell it that are not licensed funeral directors.

There is a compliance guy that sends in reply cards, calls TV ads, newspaper fliers, etc.

If an agent contacts him he tries to buy a preneed plan.

In Ky you have to be a licensed funeral director to sell preneed.

There are some that sell it that are not licensed funeral directors.

There is a compliance guy that sends in reply cards, calls TV ads, newspaper fliers, etc.

If an agent contacts him he tries to buy a preneed plan.

That's damned sneaky! Kind of like a "fake" prospect.:mad:

That's damned sneaky! Kind of like a "fake" prospect.:mad:

The way he does it I would think you could get it thrown out as entrapment.

He won't take no for an answer. Once you tell him you don't sell preneed he tries to talk you into it anyway.

Tells you it's more rule than law and he knows others are selling them. He claims to know because his brother works at a funeral home.

Which is true. His brother owns a funeral home.

The way he does it I would think you could get it thrown out as entrapment.

He won't take no for an answer. Once you tell him you don't sell preneed he tries to talk you into it anyway.

Tells you it's more rule than law and he knows others are selling them. He claims to know because his brother works at a funeral home.

Which is true. His brother owns a funeral home.

Sounds to me like he needs to taste a little back woods justice.:yes:

If you knew who it was, you could go and tape him and you'd be covered. That sounds worse than entrapment. What a hack!:mad:

Well that is odd for sure. ??
Of course, if you could figure out how to get an army of "interns" that have your card and are out pounding the pavement, you'd be in good shape!

:D:D

fwiw, I would call that agent...after the case is placed. :yes:

Back