What Would You Do?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Just received a call from a man who said one of my agents was there the other day and he has decided to buy the coverage they talked about. I don't have any agents who work for me. He lives in a town nearby, but is not one of my leads. I asked him how he got my number and he said the agent that came gave it to him. Why would another agent give a prospect he was trying to sell my name and number? He doesn't remember the agents name so I told him I would come even though it is about 50 miles out of my way. It sounds like the other agent has him sold so it should be a slam dunk. Kinda feel bad for the competition though.

Probably someone you talked to in the past that didn't buy but kept you card. New Agent piqued his interest but when started to call he ran across your card. Either that or you need to start wearing a sport coat. Rearden can explain why. :).

Just received a call from a man who said one of my agents was there the other day and he has decided to buy the coverage they talked about. I don't have any agents who work for me. He lives in a town nearby, but is not one of my leads. I asked him how he got my number and he said the agent that came gave it to him. Why would another agent give a prospect he was trying to sell my name and number? He doesn't remember the agents name so I told him I would come even though it is about 50 miles out of my way. It sounds like the other agent has him sold so it should be a slam dunk. Kinda feel bad for the competition though.

No doubt this prospect got your number another way, and has you confused with the new agent thats marketed to him.

We get a TON of call here, from television commercials, asking for agents that dont work here, or never worked here.

"Isnt this Senior Life?" Has turned into one of our best leads. :)

I called him again today and set an appointment for 4 tomorrow. He wants $25,000 WL and he is 58 years old. I am not sure how he got my name, but I sure appreciate the business.

I called him again today and set an appointment for 4 tomorrow. He wants $25,000 WL and he is 58 years old. I am not sure how he got my name, but I sure appreciate the business.

Let us know how it goes, that way we at least know you're alive :twitchy:

Ha!

Well I met with this prospect after 4 today. He is an insulin dependent diabetic with complications bad enough to be on dialysis. As bad as it was these 2 issues were the only ones he had. He showed me an illustration that the other agent involved had drawn. He quoted Gerber. Had my business card stapled to the top right corner and the other agent's name and phone at the bottom. I told the prospect that I did not know the agent. He said that he told him that he was an intern and couldn't sell the policy. I am not sure how I got involved, but I appreciate it. May call the agent and give him a gift.

Sold the applicant SNL instead of Gerber. Saved him about $10 a month.

Back