What Was Your First Appointment Like?

Just curious how people's first in home appointment/presentation went?

I can't really remember my first but I can tell you this. I had some terrible moments.

I look back now and laugh.

I always told myself "No one will know how stupid you look that you don't tell"

Just remember, they think you know what your doing. Lol

I doorknocked a lady in Trenton, Georgia; she had a UL policy that I had no idea how to read.

I remember it took several more presentations before I made my first sale.

Now I remember my first sale well; in Wildwood, Georgia, down some back road.

Dude lived in a sh*t-box trailer, door wide-open in the humid, summer heat of Georgia.

Sold an AmAm policy for $100 a month.

I was lucky to only keep it for 3 months before he called to cancel!

The first time I tried to sell FE I Door Knocked 1+ year old leads and Sold 2 off of 100. I remember feeling very insecure and fumbling through the presentation. Was only using 1 carrier, Madison National Life! When we did the POS, one of the clients was almost 80 years old, her daughter wanted her to have the insurance, and she had a hard time answering the questions. Eventually, the interview was completed.

That nervous and insecure feeling took several months to fade. Every now and then, in certain situations it tends to come back, but only temporarily.

Neural Linguistics Programming really helped me to move past being nervous while in sales and I would recommend it to anyone.

it was a looong time ago
Hancock1.jpg

I do not remember the first sale. But I do remember two that I let put me off without a yes or no in my first year. One got cancer, a year later she lost her work life insurance and died with only the small policy she already had. She was the main bread winner. The second I showed a Pension Max idea to a guy that was retiring. He liked it, took Option A, But I let him put me off without a different Yes or No. He had a heart attack a fee months later and left his wife a $5,000 death benefit and no income. I always remember those cases clearly. Now I really push to get a yes or no.

I actually sold my 1st appointment. I was with a company at the time that gave us pre-set appointments. I first quoted at standard rates and realized that it should have been graded. I recovered from that blunder and still wrote it unfortunately he cancelled shortly anyway. He was a bachelor and in the presentation I started to make him feel guilty about leaving his brother whith the expense, I guess he got over it.

Back