What's the Difference?

smokin goose

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kentucky
Keep in mind that I am new to this industry. If I am selling to a guy that is say 55. What is the difference in selling him FE or another life product?

Keep in mind that I am new to this industry. If I am selling to a guy that is say 55. What is the difference in selling him FE or another life product?

FE is usually a standard whole life product that differs only in that it has simplified underwriting with a built in table rating.

There is no difference. What is the need/want of this 55 year old?

If he is needing something to cover his final expenses then I will sell him only fully guaranteed whole life for that need. Our funerals are a permanent need so I will use only permanent insurance. Might use GUL if he had a bank account for years and paid his bills and lives within his means but that is a whole different discussion.

Whether I use simplified whole life or fully underwritten is going to be decided by his health and preference.

If in talking to him I find that his needs/wants are other than final expense concerns then I will address the situation for what it is.

Smokin goose..welcome to the forum, a lot of good info here and jdeasy nailed it.

Back