Wheelchair with Partial Paralysis (73 M Ns)

If his house caught on fire and the wheelchair was in the other room could be get out without it?

Looking to see who will pick this guy up, doesn't take any medications except for ulcers. His BMI is average.
Ohio is the state, preferrably over the phone eapp etc. if possible.
Appreciate any help!

What is the cause of the partial paralysis that necessitates his using a wheelchair?

That's a good question, I figured the wheelchair in of itself was going to be a GI so I didn't even ask (amateur)...

Dave, I'm looking at an old UH app, doesn't the 11th question for the graded part, ask if he has a disability due to neurological or muscular condition? Would paralysis be under that?

That's a good question, I figured the wheelchair in of itself was going to be a GI so I didn't even ask (amateur)...

Dave, I'm looking at an old UH app, doesn't the 11th question for the graded part, ask if he has a disability due to neurological or muscular condition? Would paralysis be under that?

Might be muscular, neurological or even amputation.. With some companies it makes a difference whether the root cause is due to an illness or an accident. For example Columbian asks, "confined to a wheelchair (due to disease or chronic illness).. If not "confined" the they would qualify regardless of the cause. If "confined" they would still qualify if due to an accident. (example.. nerve damage due to a broken back)

I've done two guys in wheelchairs who are paralyzed from the waist down, one due to a tree falling on his back, and the other from falling from a house roofing.

United Heritage gave them both first day coverage, as they were healthy in every other way and didn't rely on nurses to do the "basics," like bathing and dressing.

You can give Underwriting a call and ask for Kimberly Cloud for guidance; she answers her phone about 95% of the time.

Back