When Do Most Agents Stop Mailing to Avoid Low Dec Returns?

goget

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've read on here the response to direct mail is horrid in the month of December and its a waste of money mailing then.Do most agents double up
In early November to have leads for December and the place an order maybe dec 20th and dec 26th so you start getting some leads by jan 10th or so. What's the best way to approach this during the holidays?

Last year, we dropped some of our last pieces at the post office on the week of Thanksgiving... The cards hit the clients houses around Dec 7th-10th and I had plenty of leads coming in the week of Christmas with no sign of a LOWER than usual return.

Worked up to Dec 19th before I got on a plane to get married!

Dropped more mail around the Week of Christmas and had leads coming in the week of Jan 20th!

Last year, we dropped some of our last pieces at the post office on the week of Thanksgiving... The cards hit the clients houses around Dec 7th-10th and I had plenty of leads coming in the week of Christmas with no sign of a LOWER than usual return.

Worked up to Dec 19th before I got on a plane to get married!

Dropped more mail around the Week of Christmas and had leads coming in the week of Jan 20th!

Dec is usually a lower production for me because I take off from 3 to 4 days before Christmas until after the New Year.

And that's the only reason why it's lower. I haven't always taken that much time off and when I didn't the numbers were pretty much like any other month.

Nov is also a little lower production for me because I take off the whole week of Thanksgiving.

How much I work during those months has more bearing on the production than what months they are.

This year I will work even less in Dec since my anniversay is Dec 19 and we are going to Chicago for theUK game on Dec 20. We are going a day early and will celebrate our anniversary in Chicago. Baically I will be done for the year on Dec 18.

Last edited:
December was my most productive month. I think my clients were in the "giving" spirit and figured why not buy some life insurance lol! I'll continue mailing my normal amount of leads throughout the holidays :)

Amber

If you are buying price per lead, I would not think it makes any difference. I don't know about lead response but when I worked the debit, November and (as Summer said) December were my most productive months..

Last edited:
I typically take 3-4 months off for the holidays and to be honest that is the ONLY reason my production numbers are down during that time.

I typically take 3-4 months off for the holidays and to be honest that is the ONLY reason my production numbers are down during that time.

Sounds like you've been in the FE business for a very long time and are able to work a little bit during your retirement. I would love to be able to take 3-4 months off a year!

Back