Why Do Agents Write SNL?

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This is a serious question. They rate up for many conditions, rates higher for the healthy folks than you can get from others, cut commissions on older ages. I don't see what the draw is. The lead credit? No PHI required? Big deal.... I see Trans as having more value than SNL. Is it because agents get full comp on their graded product? A product thats overpriced vs other GI products?

The graded product is as cheap or cheaper than Gerber for ns . At many ages smoker cheaper than trans . Easy to do business with is the bottom line plus a short app.

This is a serious question. They rate up for many conditions, rates higher for the healthy folks than you can get from others, cut commissions on older ages. I don't see what the draw is. The lead credit? No PHI required? Big deal.... I see Trans as having more value than SNL. Is it because agents get full comp on their graded product? A product thats overpriced vs other GI products?

You will never find all companies the same, thats why there is independent FE agents.

I think wherever best you can place a PI with a carrier in your "bag" is just fine.
An agent can never go wrong with this method.
By the way you look more like a novice as oppose to a guru.

Yesterday I forgot to check who the payor is on a Transamerica application and now I have to go back to the prospect and get their signature/date on that page. Stupid!

If you make ANY error on the first page of the Trans application, either a new application or an Amendment is required. Stupid!

Trans's home office is a mess. The left hand doesn't communicate well with the right hand.

With SNL its a LOT different and here's why:yes:

1. You make a mistake, 90% of the time, they either fix it with you over the phone, or ya resend them the corrected page. No going back to prospect!

2. Application takes 5 minutes to fill out, literally

3. Their home office will call you if someone cancels or if there is a problem with the application, then send you the same information in an email.

4. Their graded rates are super cheap

5. They approve applicants/policies that should be a GI ONLY

6. I have NEVER had a SNL policy replaced, LEGALLY, the rates are that good

7. Over 90% of applications get approved as applied for. Thankfully my field underwriting has gotten better over the past year so this has been a personal experience with them.

8. When we told SNL that they were a little strict on blood thinners and their weight chart, they actually put out a new build chart and loosened up on the blood thinners. They Listen to agents and are in the process of loosening up even more.

I may not be a Guru, but any agent can get LOTS of use out of SNL:biggrin:

8. When we told SNL that they were a little strict on blood thinners and their weight chart, they actually put out a new build chart and loosened up on the blood thinners. They Listen to agents and are in the process of loosening up even more.

Agent friendly is the key. I have been writing them since 2009 and long before most agents on here. One of the only companies I could find thtat took oxygen use without being GI at the time. When it came time to make a major push in the market and revise their application they actually reached out to agents (myself included) for input. Based on how they work and my experience with Tommy, they will do everything they can to make the product easy to write without compromising their business. Sure they have some quirks like every carrier, but if you write clean business they are easy to deal with.

Yesterday I forgot to check who the payor is on a Transamerica application and now I have to go back to the prospect and get their signature/date on that page. Stupid!

If you make ANY error on the first page of the Trans application, either a new application or an Amendment is required. Stupid!

Trans's home office is a mess. The left hand doesn't communicate well with the right hand.

With SNL its a LOT different and here's why:yes:

1. You make a mistake, 90% of the time, they either fix it with you over the phone, or ya resend them the corrected page. No going back to prospect!

2. Application takes 5 minutes to fill out, literally

3. Their home office will call you if someone cancels or if there is a problem with the application, then send you the same information in an email.

4. Their graded rates are super cheap

5. They approve applicants/policies that should be a GI ONLY

6. I have NEVER had a SNL policy replaced, LEGALLY, the rates are that good

7. Over 90% of applications get approved as applied for. Thankfully my field underwriting has gotten better over the past year so this has been a personal experience with them.

I may not be a Guru, but any agent can get LOTS of use out of SNL:biggrin:

If you really had to go out for a new signature for not checking that box...I would have Brad make a phone call...that's ridiculous...I've never had that bad of a problem...only time I have had to get an app resigned or initialed is if I transpose the last 4 of the SSN on the hippa form.

But back on topic..snl is a great company, easy to deal with, fix problems quickly....lord if you ever miss a draft with Trans...it's an act of Congress to get fixed...snl will handle in 5 minutes usually

A missed draft with Trans Is tough as you don't get notified until after they automatically redraft 10 days later. Lets be honest 2 weeks after a missed draft the policy's usually curtains as the people have no money. What do you mean you can fix a nsf with Snl in 5 min's? Are you saying they accept the agents instructions to redraft and don't need a signed form by the client? I think you mean doing a 3 way call?My experience is snl needs some type of authorization from the client.

A missed draft with Trans Is tough as you don't get notified until after they automatically redraft 10 days later. Lets be honest 2 weeks after a missed draft the policy's usually curtains as the people have no money. What do you mean you can fix a nsf with Snl in 5 min's? Are you saying they accept the agents instructions to redraft and don't need a signed form by the client? I think you mean doing a 3 way call?My experience is snl needs some type of authorization from the client.

I have done it but they really push for a three way. Which is safer anyway. A note: they have a Spanish speaker available.

Back