Why Are People So Rude on the Phone??

SevenDeuce

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Jeez, drives me nuts.

I call a TM lead and introduce myself, say that I'm calling you back from your voice mail and I get "No I didn't" *click*

Just drives me crazy when people are rude like that.

Jeez, drives me nuts.

I call a TM lead and introduce myself, say that I'm calling you back from your voice mail and I get "No I didn't" *click*

Those are agent killers. Be thankful for them. They thin the herd.

Jeez, drives me nuts.

That's MILD. Shrug it off and move on. I can be pretty rude to people too - even and especially if they come to the door!

The last guy I had started off okay saying "I'm your neighbor down the street"... so that got me to listen a little longer (probably because for our HOA, my house seemed to be designated as the house to go to if you need access to the community pool).

Then he said:
- "I've got this new job" (I don't care and it shows that he's an amateur)
- "I'm working to qualify for a scholarship" (bs)

So as I close the door, I say "I don't care about your scholarship. Good bye."

He had about 15-20 seconds to get my attention and tell me what he wanted or was selling... and he completely blew it.

Other BS I get is "I'm selling magazines to keep me off drugs" kinda crap.

Granted, I'm in California, so my sales resistance is high and my tolerance for BS is very low. The old saying holds true: "Piss, or get off the pot."

Maybe one day, I'll come outside, close the door and tell them how much their opening lines really SUCK. I might intimidate them, but I might also really help them too.

A couple of points:

1. They don't owe you anything, as annoying as it may be that you spent money on them as a lead.
2. Be glad. If they are a douche on the phone, just imagine how they will be in person or as a client.

Jeez, drives me nuts.

Call them right back and say "Mr. Jones I am sorry for the confusion I returning your response (or call) regarding the Burial Plans, you responded yesterday at 2pm, do you remember the call.?

Don't give up on one call. If have to play the message back to them.

Back