Widow Sells Everything To Bury Husband

Many years ago when she was approached to buy a final expense policy or any sort of life insurance... I wonder what her or her husbands "objection" was to purchasing it?

This is a classic example of how to die with no dignity. Especially when all of the USA gets to hear about it on the news. Simply embarrassing.

I thought O-Blame-o would have something in place to take care of this kind of "Tragedy," too.

Wonder if this is the type of prospect us agents with 1000+ presentations under our belts that complain about price, think it's a rip-off, etc.

Heaven forbid that an agent use a copy of this story in their FE presentation to try to convince others to not end up n the same dire straits.. They would be accuse of being scum, ambulance chasers, uncaring, unfeeling, etc. So, in order to keep their reputations "clean" most agents won't use the story or a similar story and as a result there will be more widows suffering from the fact the family was never motivated to take action. :no:

Last edited:
Heaven forbid that an agent use a copy of this story in their FE presentation to try to convince others to not end up n the same dire straits.. They would be accuse of being scum, ambulance chasers, uncaring, unfeeling, etc. So, in order to keep their reputations "clean" most agents won't use the story or a similar story and as a result there will be more widows suffering from the fact the family was never motivated to take action. :no:

That video needs to be on every FE agent's web site!

The story is short, to the point, and powerful. Not because her husband passed away (that comes with life), but because her husband to pass away and she has to sell everything in order to raise $3000 to bury him with dignity. (We all know that $3000 to bury someone is skimming it. But thats besides the point.) That's a sad story to tell so you know its a sad story to actually live.

This is preventable. I think this video and story should be shared in presentations. Its less than 3 minutes, and makes a point. Because the story made news (though I don't recall seeing in on my local news) the fact is, nobody that cares about themselves or their loved ones, would want to make the news for having to sell all of their belongings in order to bury someone they love. So the video is able to display that without the agent having to it. Sharing is caring. The video wasn't made by some insurance company trying to persuade customers with long "emotionally draining" stories from "actual customers". This is truly reality.

Back