Will Be Licensed by End of Month, Now What?

collura

i have been lurking around here for some time. i have been extremely interested in getting my license for since i stumbled across this website, thankful for the information :)

i want to stick withing the final expense niche because i own and operate two funeral homes in philadelphhia. i expect to take my state exam withing 2 weeks. once i get my license, what is the next step? is it as simple as contacting some of the carriers like "hey im licensed to sell life insurance, can i sell your product?

should i be an independent agent or go captive?

let me know if i understand this correctly, when some people write 2k in annual premiums a week, in terms of commission, the agent will earn a percentage of those premiums, depending on the carriers compensation plan. if the annual premiums are with a company that pays 100% premiums, that agent earns 2000 gross revenue for that week? (i know about chargebacks if they customer doesnt pay or passes within a certain time).

how long does it take from when you pass the actual state test, until you sell?

can i get licensed agents to work "under me"? meaning if i generate my own leads via my own methods, can i earn commission from agents selling my leads i give them? do i have to be a broker for that? again i own a funeral home but i was thinking of having an in house insurance company within the funeral home. is that legal?

thanks in advance

i have been lurking around here for some time. i have been extremely interested in getting my license for since i stumbled across this website, thankful for the information :)

i want to stick withing the final expense niche because i own and operate two funeral homes in philadelphhia. i expect to take my state exam withing 2 weeks. once i get my license, what is the next step? is it as simple as contacting some of the carriers like "hey im licensed to sell life insurance, can i sell your product?

let me know if i understand this correctly, when some people write 2k in annual premiums a week, in terms of commission, the agent will earn a percentage of those premiums, depending on the carriers compensation plan. if the annual premiums are with a company that pays 100% premiums, that agent earns 2000 gross revenue for that week? (i know about chargebacks if they customer doesnt pay or passes within a certain time).

can i get licensed agents to work "under me"? meaning if i generate my own leads via my own methods, can i earn commission from agents selling my leads i give them? do i have to be a broker for that? again i own a funeral home but i was thinking of having an in house insurance company within the funeral home. is that legal?

thanks in advance

You can be selling in a couple weeks of being licensed and with some carriers, even sooner.

I'd go independent so you can offer the client the best plan.

Only some companies will contract you directly. On others, you'll have to go with an IMO.

You can put agents under you if you think you offer them a good service for the lost commission.

You are correct on the 100% of 2k, then you'll get advance 75% of that.

Feel free to contact me and we can chat tomorrow to see if we might be a fit for ya.

Www.finalexpenseservices.com
[email protected]

If you've been lurking for months and read 100's of notes you should know all the imo's on here and what comp is. Why would you rehash a question thats been asked 100 times?Use your search button and all your questions will be answered

If you've been lurking for months and read 100's of notes you should know all the imo's on here and what comp is. Why would you rehash a question thats been asked 100 times?Use your search button and all your questions will be answered

He's been talking about doing this for 1 1/2 years.:yes:

can i get licensed agents to work "under me"? meaning if i generate my own leads via my own methods, can i earn commission from agents selling my leads i give them?

Ha - a week ago i would have said something different.

BUT - forget about other agents - take care of you in the beginning . . .

Hook up with bboman or Spur City and get all your questions answered BEFORE you choose a Partner . . .

Good Luck!

p.s. - so, a dead guy rises from the dead in the morgue - he looks around and says " Why is everyone so quiet - y'all are acting like a bunch of stiffs . . . "

thanks in advance

I would check out fexcontracting.com and just read about FE for a day or two.

Then, in your case, I would recommend talking to Newby here at the forums, {co-owner of FEX}. He is a licensed funeral director.

Ha - a week ago i would have said something different.

BUT - forget about other agents - take care of you in the beginning . . .

Hook up with bboman but dont talk to SCAMMY SPUR CITY (who screws agents) and get all your questions answered BEFORE you choose a Partner . . .

Good Luck!

p.s. - so, a dead guy rises from the dead in the morgue - he looks around and says " Why is everyone so quiet - y'all are acting like a bunch of stiffs . . . "

Fixed your post for ya;)

I would check out fexcontracting.com and just read about FE for a day or two.

Then, in your case, I would recommend talking to Newby here at the forums, {co-owner of FEX}. He is a licensed funeral director.

Second that.. Only makes sense to talk with someone who has done or is doing what you want to do.

Back