Work on Monday?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Anybody going to work Monday? This eclipse has got everyone around here nervous. Most of the panhandle schools are closed. Okaloosa decided to stay open, but the staff must cover all windows. What will people that have to work outside do?

Best to be prepared!

giphy.gif

If you use Aetna for final expense, you may have trouble reaching them in the afternoon. They sent this email yesterday:

Modified business hours for Monday, August 21

The Aetna Senior Supplemental Insurance office will have modified business hours on Monday, August 21, 2017. A total solar eclipse will occur that day in our home office area (Franklin, TN) for the first time since 1478 and unprecedented traffic volumes are expected for the event. For the safety of our associates, we will be closing at 12 p.m. CT to allow them adequate time to travel safely to their homes or eclipse viewing destination.

We are ready for the upcoming Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) and are glad that we can take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reward our associates with time off for their hard work this year before the busy AEP season begins.

Although staff will be unavailable to accept calls after 12 p.m. CT on Monday, August 21, the following telephone lines will still be available:

Automated voice signature line (877-806-9519)
Final Expense Jet Pre-Approval line (877-538-2759, option 1)
Telephone interview (Medicare Supplement, CLI complementary products) line
(800-264-4000 option 3, then 3)
All other telephone lines will be closed during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank your for your continued business.

I got some scopes signed and planned on writing a few MAPDs Monday morning.

I forgot about the eclipse. I got my special glasses. I better take them with me.

Anybody going to work Monday? This eclipse has got everyone around here nervous. Most of the panhandle schools are closed. Okaloosa decided to stay open, but the staff must cover all windows. What will people that have to work outside do?

Don't mess around with this eclipse. Find yourself a dark, air conditioned bar and wait it out.;)

Ground zero, which they define as the place with the longest period of totality, is about 35 miles from me.

I worked there Tuesday. It's a madhouse. NASA has the whole Lake Barkley Lodge booked. Dept of Homeland Security has set up shop in Hopkinsville, Ky.

Schools around here are closed Monday and Tuesday.

Then there's the Kelly, Ky "incident". Kelly is just outside Hopkinsville. On this same day, Aug 21, in 1955 the town of Kelly was supposedly invaded by aliens. The locals had a gunfight with them but didn't kill or capture one.;)

It's pretty well documented if you want to look it up. They have the Kelly Green Man festival at this time every year.

It is quite a coincidence that the epicenter of this eclipse is that place and on the same date.

Ground zero, which they define as the place with the longest period of totality, is about 35 miles from me.

I worked there Tuesday. It's a madhouse. NASA has the whole Lake Barkley Lodge booked. Dept of Homeland Security has set up shop in Hopkinsville, Ky.

Schools around here are closed Monday and Tuesday.

Then there's the Kelly, Ky "incident". Kelly is just outside Hopkinsville. On this same day, Aug 21, in 1955 the town of Kelly was supposedly invaded by aliens. The locals had a gunfight with them but didn't kill or capture one.;)

It's pretty well documented if you want to look it up. They have the Kelly Green Man festival at this time every year.

It is quite a coincidence that the epicenter of this eclipse is that place and on the same date.

They must have had a lot of moonshine back then...

Back