Working TM Leads Day 2

RookieYankee

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just thought I would share how I did. Some input on what you think and some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 lady her grandchildren picked up and hung up on me. I will be going to door knock her tomorrow.

1 husband and wife I will see on Wednesday at 12pm. They are looking for health insurance. The husband is 60 years old. Their budget for life insurance is 100.

1 guy told me to return on March 15th because he doesn't get paid until then and he didn't want to give me his banking information. Not a problem. He has a lot of life insurance and is just paying too much. I'm trying to lower his cost.

1 Guy told me to call back at 7 but I haven't been able to reach him so I may door knock him as well tomorrow.

1 Guy told me he was working so to call him back tomorrow morning. I told him I would speak to him tomorrow at 11am. I figure I'd go door knock him. He didn't quite remember getting a call from anybody regarding life insurance but when I mentioned his password he said it was his dog's name. That seemed to sort of jog his memory.

1 other guy told me he doesn't want it after I gave him three options over the phone. He called me a crook since the life insurance was too expensive and then asked me to send him a brochure... which didn't make any sense.

So far that's as many people I have reached in the past two days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I may be doing it wrong but I'm giving them three premium options for life insurance. I know normally you try to simply book the appointment but I'm not certain if these are warmer leads so to just go for it. I also ask a few health questions. I'm still new at this hence my rookie title. Thank you in advance. I know I'm messing up and it's a process to be great in this.

Just thought I would share how I did. Some input on what you think and some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 1 lady her grandchildren picked up and hung up on me. I will be going to door knock her tomorrow. 1 husband and wife I will see on Wednesday at 12pm. They are looking for health insurance. The husband is 60 years old. Their budget for life insurance is 100. 1 guy told me to return on March 15th because he doesn't get paid until then and he didn't want to give me his banking information. Not a problem. He has a lot of life insurance and is just paying too much. I'm trying to lower his cost. 1 Guy told me to call back at 7 but I haven't been able to reach him so I may door knock him as well tomorrow. 1 Guy told me he was working so to call him back tomorrow morning. I told him I would speak to him tomorrow at 11am. I figure I'd go door knock him. He didn't quite remember getting a call from anybody regarding life insurance but when I mentioned his password he said it was his dog's name. That seemed to sort of jog his memory. 1 other guy told me he doesn't want it after I gave him three options over the phone. He called me a crook since the life insurance was too expensive and then asked me to send him a brochure... which didn't make any sense. So far that's as many people I have reached in the past two days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I may be doing it wrong but I'm giving them three premium options for life insurance. I know normally you try to simply book the appointment but I'm not certain if these are warmer leads so to just go for it. I also ask a few health questions. I'm still new at this hence my rookie title. Thank you in advance. I know I'm messing up and it's a process to be great in this.

To say you're messing up is an understatement. STOP qualifying in the phone...just set the appt. You are talking waaaay too much. You're only job when calling is the set the appointment.

Just thought I would share how I did. Some input on what you think and some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 lady her grandchildren picked up and hung up on me. I will be going to door knock her tomorrow.

1 husband and wife I will see on Wednesday at 12pm. They are looking for health insurance. The husband is 60 years old. Their budget for life insurance is 100.

1 guy told me to return on March 15th because he doesn't get paid until then and he didn't want to give me his banking information. Not a problem. He has a lot of life insurance and is just paying too much. I'm trying to lower his cost.

1 Guy told me to call back at 7 but I haven't been able to reach him so I may door knock him as well tomorrow.

1 Guy told me he was working so to call him back tomorrow morning. I told him I would speak to him tomorrow at 11am. I figure I'd go door knock him. He didn't quite remember getting a call from anybody regarding life insurance but when I mentioned his password he said it was his dog's name. That seemed to sort of jog his memory.

1 other guy told me he doesn't want it after I gave him three options over the phone. He called me a crook since the life insurance was too expensive and then asked me to send him a brochure... which didn't make any sense.

So far that's as many people I have reached in the past two days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I may be doing it wrong but I'm giving them three premium options for life insurance. I know normally you try to simply book the appointment but I'm not certain if these are warmer leads so to just go for it. I also ask a few health questions. I'm still new at this hence my rookie title. Thank you in advance. I know I'm messing up and it's a process to be great in this.

I would never give them quotes over the phone. You need to book the appointments and get off the phone. Doesn't matter how warm the leads are, just set the appointment and go see them.

Giving quotes on the phone is the worst thing you can do IMHO. Just tell them you are in the neighborhood and will be dropping off the info they requested and verify if they are home. Put them in a spot where they have to answer a question. Will 2,4 or 6 work for you? Never let them control the convo. Just my HO. Get in the house at all costs! Knock the back door front door, side door. Honk the darn horn if you have to at 7:00 p.m on a weekday. Just get in their door at all costs.

Last edited:
LOL ok so when I read this I was thinking:

he does field sales... no he does telesales... no field... no tele...

TBH if your upline didnt properly teach you what to do with something so basic, you need a new one imo. How could they not have taught you how to call your leads for appointments???

GL man

To say you're messing up is an understatement. STOP qualifying in the phone...just set the appt. You are talking waaaay too much. You're only job when calling is the set the appointment.

Yes, I thought I was asking too much and I shouldn't have given options. I normally set an appointment and I am normally very good at it. I just thought since they were warmer I could do that. Moving forward I'll return to my simple calls where I just get an appointment. I looked up the script the company advised to use when I call them up and I decided to give it a try. My fault. Rookie mistake.

For the two people that haven't responded really would you try to go back and try to call them or see them in person? If so how would you go about it?

Yes, I thought I was asking too much and I shouldn't have given options. I normally set an appointment and I am normally very good at it. I just thought since they were warmer I could do that. Moving forward I'll return to my simple calls where I just get an appointment. I looked up the script the company advised to use when I call them up and I decided to give it a try. My fault. Rookie mistake.

For the two people that haven't responded really would you try to go back and try to call them or see them in person? If so how would you go about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

If these are Jane leads, every time you get more leads there's a script at the bottom of the page. It's short and to the point...and it works. :yes:

The very first item hits a sour note with me. Someone calls and immediately addresses me by my first name is not going to get an appointment no matter what they say after that. And, I know I am not the only older person that thinks that way.. especially if it is some young kid calling or knocking on our door. I have never had anyone get offended by being called Mr. or Ms. I have had them invite me to call them by their first name and i will do so from that point on. BTW, I still use "Sir" and "Ma'am" when talking with folks of all ages.

If these are Jane leads, every time you get more leads there's a script at the bottom of the page. It's short and to the point...and it works. :yes:

And it was stolen from JD and then tweaked a bit.... But why follow what is proven to get you in the door. It never amazes me why agent DO NOT make money in this business.

Back