Would Ya'll Have Done This?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Wrote a couple a year ago. Received notice of NSF so I tried to make contact. They had moved so it took me a few weeks. Finally was able to locate. Reinstated the husband, but the wife had a pulmonary embolism since the original policy was issued so MOO would not reinstate. Wrote her Transamerica and because of a RX she was taking they offered SNT. She declined the offer so I wrote her with Foresters. I checked the yes box on the app concerning tobacco use in error. The company issued tobacco rates. They would not change it without a note from her doctor and her doctor refused to write a note without a nicotine test being done. Told the applicant she would have to pay over $100 for the test so she said no and also no to Foresters. A few weeks pass and she calls me and still wants coverage. I call UHL and talk to an underwriter. Was told she would be OK. Submitted app and found out Transamerica had reported to MIB. UHL offered modified and even after I talked to them about what happened with Transamerica they wouldn't budge. She declined the offer. A few weeks go by and she calls again. My options are few so I called Columbian. The underwriter said they would issue. Wrote her and finally got coverage that she would accept. Never wrote anybody with 4 carriers before getting it done. Earned my $800 commission.

Wrote a couple a year ago. Received notice of NSF so I tried to make contact. They had moved so it took me a few weeks. Finally was able to locate. Reinstated the husband, but the wife had a pulmonary embolism since the original policy was issued so MOO would not reinstate. Wrote her Transamerica and because of a RX she was taking they offered SNT. She declined the offer so I wrote her with Foresters. I checked the yes box on the app concerning tobacco use in error. The company issued tobacco rates. They would not change it without a note from her doctor and her doctor refused to write a note without a nicotine test being done. Told the applicant she would have to pay over $100 for the test so she said no and also no to Foresters. A few weeks pass and she calls me and still wants coverage. I call UHL and talk to an underwriter. Was told she would be OK. Submitted app and found out Transamerica had reported to MIB. UHL offered modified and even after I talked to them about what happened with Transamerica they wouldn't budge. She declined the offer. A few weeks go by and she calls again. My options are few so I called Columbian. The underwriter said they would issue. Wrote her and finally got coverage that she would accept. Never wrote anybody with 4 carriers before getting it done. Earned my $800 commission.

yes and they will likely continue to nsf. Once an NSF likely always an NSF. The key is do they miracously nsf after the 1st payment? A lot of NSFs happen after the first payment and before the 3rd payment; so essentially I don't reccomend re writing people because you'll only get one months commission on the business. Some agents only write ssi billing to minimize these types of risks. Something to consider

Last edited:

The most I've gone through is 3...3rd time's a charm, but that was in the initial sit. 3 POS PHI's before one was issued.....before I left the house. He was getting a headache. :laugh:

That was a lot of trips back and forth by you! Good job Billy.:yes:

The applicant gave me a void check from her account. She said she wasn't going to rely on her spouse to pay it anymore. He is one of those types who checks his account after the 3rd and if their is any money left in there he will withdraw it. Doesn't matter if the life insurance premium has been withdrawn yet or not.

The applicant gave me a void check from her account. She said she wasn't going to rely on her spouse to pay it anymore. He is one of those types who checks his account after the 3rd and if their is any money left in there he will withdraw it. Doesn't matter if the life insurance premium has been withdrawn yet or not.

Isn't that common in the FE world?:err:

:spinny:

Nice job of going all out for the client!:spinny:

Yeah, man. Billy is right , he did really earn that $800. It really shows the value of a good agent as if that was bought off the TV, through the mail, or even over the phone, that lady would have said the hell with it and gone without.:err:

From my experience, many agents would not have done this, but what you have outlined is the difference between a good agent, and an average agent.

Great job!

Back