You Ever Think About how Much Money You Waste on Leads?

I was joking about the leads, but not about the gated houses. I door knock because I have found that if I call first I wasn't getting appointments. When I get a lead that requires me calling them , like the gate, I have sold very few. Also a lot of my leads are less than the age of 60 so that is a harder sale too.
I have thought about adding a filter, but then I am not sure I would get 15 leads a week.

Nothin to change if you're getting 3 to 5 out of 15! Sounds like you're in a pretty rural area though, so 15 probably keeps you pretty busy. jmo

Is there a distinction between a "fresh" lead one might not work for 3-4 weeks depending on how one organizes their territory(territories), and an "aged" lead?

Is there a distinction between a "fresh" lead one might not work for 3-4 weeks depending on how one organizes their territory(territories), and an "aged" lead?

As far as i'm concerned, an aged lead is a year or 2 old, maybe even older.

We often have leads that are 6 months to a year old, and are available at a discounted price. Being that the lead is discounted and has never been in the hands of another agent makes this a sweet deal. Most of these leads are just as good as they were the day the prospect mailed in the card.

We have an agent that won't buy new leads and works throughout Florida buying up all the discounted leads he can get.

He will tell you that age doesn't mean a thing since these folks are all serial mailers. Sometime he knocks on the door and finds out that the prospect moved. Instead of walking away, he uses the lead card to offer the new tenant the "Benefit Information" and makes sales doing this.

I buy 15 leads a week and only sell 3 to 5 of them so I spend around $300 a week on junk. Worked in north Walton county FL this week and have never seen so many gated drives with private property, posted and no trespassing signs. Not gated communities, but shacks. Had to call to be let in and none agreed. Very few doors I knocked on let me in. None could give me a why other than they misunderstood. Card plainly states life insurance. I only want leads that want to buy. Reckon Doug will sell me those? 3 sales out of 15 is OK, but weeding out those deadbeats is hard work.

I've said it before, I'll say it again..

Some will, some won't, so what. Who's next.

The only time I feel like a lead is wasted, is if someone fills it out and they don't speak English and you don't have an agent to give the lead to that speaks the language.

In certain areas where I live it does. Providence RI is more than 58% spanish. I'm glad I just hired a Spanish speaking agents I can give those leads to now
Wow, I never would've thought that there would be a ratio like that, that far north. Isn't that funny how people come to our country and instead of learning our language, we have to learn theirs to communicate with them?

Only in America. :wacko:

Back