You Know what Grinds my Gears

Thedude

Guru
1000 Post Club
Story time boys

So most of my friends are finance guys who work for investment firms and last night one of these guys (well an acquaintance of my friend) asked what I did and I responded. After I explained, his immediate response was "oh, you sell ****". Keep in mind this guy is your classic try-hard bro and is making probably 60-70k pre-tax hoping to "S" D*** for a good 25 years working 60-70 hours a week with the small percentage chance of making 500k a year. I lol'd cause even though I like arguing on the forum I'm not too confrontational IRL and just said yea man I do.

Anyways, do you all ever feel like you are looked down on for doing FE? I mean I personally know the answer for my age bracket I'm just curious if you all have any experiences like this.

Story time boys

So most of my friends are finance guys who work for investment firms and last night one of these guys (well an acquaintance of my friend) asked what I did and I responded. After I explained, his immediate response was "oh, you sell ****". Keep in mind this guy is your classic try-hard bro and is making probably 60-70k pre-tax hoping to "S" D*** for a good 25 years working 60-70 hours a week with the small percentage chance of making 500k a year. I lol'd cause even though I like arguing on the forum I'm not too confrontational IRL and just said yea man I do.

Anyways, do you all ever feel like you are looked down on for doing FE? I mean I personally know the answer for my age bracket I'm just curious if you all have any experiences like this.

When he said that he showed a ton of insecurity on what his life must look like on the inside. I dont know how old you are but Ill give you some advice...life advice, if you are willing to listen. Im not perfect but Ill tell you this, the sooner in life you stop giving a F what anyone else thinks about you other than you the better. Once you love yourself nothing else matters....then build a life around someone you love who appreciates you for you, screw all this dick measuring. I bet in 10 years that "try hard" will be bankrupt....probably the type that buys stuff to impress everyone else....even people he doesnt like.

When he said that he showed a ton of insecurity on what his life must look like on the inside. I dont know how old you are but Ill give you some advice...life advice, if you are willing to listen. Im not perfect but Ill tell you this, the sooner in life you stop giving a F what anyone else thinks about you other than you the better. Once you love yourself nothing else matters....then build a life around someone you love who appreciates you for you, screw all this dick measuring. I bet in 10 years that "try hard" will be bankrupt....probably the type that buys stuff to impress everyone else....even people he doesn't like.

A MEN TO THAT..just remember you have to look at your face when you shave.. no one else

Story time boys

He was probably just havin a little fun with ya.. that's how they talk. More-so if you were with a competitor firm.

Nahh, if someone looked down at my wife or me for what we do, I would probably get a little upset though.

Nobody likes that ****!

Once we compare W2's, I'm pretty sure they would never bring it up again. lol

Oh, who's he kiddin'? He sells **** too and even if they're superstars, what they're selling is really **** 70% of the time. So who's the shithead?:skeptical:

When he said that he showed a ton of insecurity on what his life must look like on the inside. I dont know how old you are but Ill give you some advice...life advice, if you are willing to listen. Im not perfect but Ill tell you this, the sooner in life you stop giving a F what anyone else thinks about you other than you the better. Once you love yourself nothing else matters....then build a life around someone you love who appreciates you for you, screw all this dick measuring. I bet in 10 years that "try hard" will be bankrupt....probably the type that buys stuff to impress everyone else....even people he doesnt like.
appreciate the advice. I'm younger and I think at this point most of the people my age are beginning to start their careers and everything is based on your title. I've never thought that way personally.
A MEN TO THAT..just remember you have to look at your face when you shave.. no one else

He was probably just havin a little fun with ya.. that's how they talk. More-so if you were with a competitor firm.

naw haha I feel like I've got a decent read on people...he was serious. I think he was pissed off because I knew more about using futures to hedge bonds than he did.

Nahh, if someone looked down at my wife or me for what we do, I would probably get a little upset though.

Nobody likes that ****!

hahaha my new goal is to do 38k in a month btw....how many days did you work a week?

Nobody likes that ****!

Why pay yourself a large salary????? Do you have a corporation? Who cares about w2. Care about net worth

Back