YouTube Interview W/ LJ

Prtzl

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I was listening to an interview on Lead Jerk YouTube channel with Shannon Davey. I haven't researched this agent but one thing he said that really stood out in my mind --

While at an appointment-the lady brought out FIVE postcards/mailers from other company's offering the same thing..

How are leads labelled "new, fresh, untouched, hot etc.." when you're one of 5(minimum) who's she's connecting with?

Obviously a mailer isn't a free ride to a contract but at the same time you want the leads to be untouched as advertised. Is this even possible?

Are you joking with this post?

If someone responds to another company's leads, that does not mean the card they sent back to you isn't fresh.

Even if the lady responds to a specific company's mailers more than once (which happens a lot), it's still a fresh lead when they mail in the most recent one.

Some people are serial mailers. It's all part of the haul. Just another thing that weeds people out of business.

That happens all the time but I welcome it with open arms. Our competition is usually Lincoln Heritage, Senior Life, or a local independent agency that only sells high priced carriers like American Amicable. All 3 have horrible products & constantly churn agents. Easy pickins for the real FE agent that knows what they're doing.

Some people are serial mailers. It's all part of the haul. Just another thing that weeds people out of business.

Man! some of the word pictures here! Yet another undisclosed hazard of selling insurance comes to light.

Did Glen and Justin cover this in their book?

:GEEK: :swoon:

That happens all the time but I welcome it with open arms. Our competition is usually Lincoln Heritage, Senior Life, or a local independent agency that only sells high priced carriers like American Amicable. All 3 have horrible products & constantly churn agents. Easy pickins for the real FE agent that knows what they're doing.

Products aren't horrible they are just not as competitively priced. Product is the same that you would write with any Final Expense carrier. Regarding churning agents, that is every final expense imo/carrier, turnover is so high in this business.

I have tried to be good, honest I have.

So you watched an interview with a final expense producer who consistently produces at a high level and your big take away was that at an appointment the woman already had received 5 lead cards?

Somehow I doubt that was the point of the interview or even remotely one of the important topics covered.

You seem to be hunting for someone to tell you this, although I think you have ignored it when other people have said it.

This is not the right career for you. A healthy level of skepticism is good, however you seem determined to find every negative and every reason you shouldn't do this. So go ahead, don't, you already are not doing it anyway.

I have tried to be good, honest I have.

So you watched an interview with a final expense producer who consistently produces at a high level and your big take away was that at an appointment the woman already had received 5 lead cards?

Somehow I doubt that was the point of the interview or even remotely one of the important topics covered.

You seem to be hunting for someone to tell you this, although I think you have ignored it when other people have said it.

This is not the right career for you. A healthy level of skepticism is good, however you seem determined to find every negative and every reason you shouldn't do this. So go ahead, don't, you already are not doing it anyway.

I've been skating around this issue for a bit. I've been holding in my mind that Ben said to someone awhile back, "do it or don't". Maybe you failed on being good but I'll give you a thumb up for being polite. :D

I've been skating around this issue for a bit. I've been holding in my mind that Ben said to someone awhile back, "do it or don't". Maybe you failed on being good but I'll give you a thumb up for being polite. :D

I like Ben, but Yoda said that before he was even born. And I'm sure a little research will turn up someone who said it before Yoda. :biggrin:

There is an old expression "**** or get off the pot." And if you don't know what a pot is, look up chamber pot.

I encourage all comments .. even from those who have their hands on the crystal ball of my life. The pulsing tomatoes parading around as FE gods should probably step away simply for their health's sake.

For the record - I did not come on this site to get an answer to a question only I can answer. If you want to psycho analyze me - have at it. Just know that your insights on whether this field is for me or not, or that I ask to many questions, and I'm not a good "fit" for the industry etc. means NOTHING to me.

Your personal experience in the FE industry, describing and how you handle the client base, the draw backs with charge backs and how to safe guard against being washed out, what type of leads are more profitable(in your mind) - TV, telemarketing, DM etc., how you overcome the pitfalls of this industry - extreme loneliness, frustration with the quality of leads, the drive time etc. How long did it take to become solid in the field - when you went from selling out of desperation(commission only pressure) to selling with confidence - what was that turning point? If you had to do it over would you stay in the FE industry?

Your personal insights on FE are unlimited without having to dissect my character, question my motives, make false accusations etc...

Be happy and share or be polite and go forward.. pretty simple.

Latest posts

Back