ACA Plans for Florida for 2017?

No one in their right mind that has a decent Medicare book and can represent them all except FB should even consider getting contracted with FB for the under 65.

No one in their right mind that has a decent Medicare book and can represent them all except FB should even consider getting contracted with FB for the under 65.

And anyone even considering it should be forced to have lunch with Scott Bryant and watch him scarf down 6 cheeseburgers in 15 minutes before signing the contract :twitchy::nah:

and anyone even considering it should be forced to have lunch with scott bryant and watch him scarf down 6 cheeseburgers in 15 minutes before signing the contract :twitchy::nah:

..............Tried to post something went wrong with the operator. If they're not game for cheeseburgers then set through a seminar.

..............Tried to post something went wrong with the operator. If they're not game for cheeseburgers then set through a seminar.

And play the Scott Bryant drinking game-every time he lies you have to take a shot, the over/under on how long it will take to get drunk is under 15 minutes:swoon::goofy:

Florida DOI has published a table of which companies are offering plans in each county, both on and off Exchange.

Easier said than done. Been searching for 15 min no luck

Edit : found it. Looks like Cigna and Aetna are in my areas. Does anyone know if you just directly contract with them? Few more companies, Celtic, health options and sunshine. Who knows if any of these companies are even paying commission. Might just be best to tell all 15 of my health clients that I can't sign them up.

Last edited:
Well Chaz I would imagine you contract direct with those company's. I also wouldn't bother with 15 health client's. I probably wouldn't bother with anything under 100 health clients.

Edit : found it. Looks like Cigna and Aetna are in my areas. Does anyone know if you just directly contract with them? Few more companies, Celtic, health options and sunshine. Who knows if any of these companies are even paying commission. Might just be best to tell all 15 of my health clients that I can't sign them up.

I can make this easy:
  • Cigna- $0 commisisions, don't bother
  • Aetna- $7 PMPM, very limited plan selection
  • Celtic-not appointing agents
  • Health Options- that is Florida Blue HMO, you need to be captive
  • Sunshine-I don't know anything about them.

If you only have 15 clients refer them to a Florida Blue agency, there are some that are paying one time referral fees and at least you are doing the right thing. If you PM me I will give you someone who can likely help.

I can make this easy:
  • Cigna- $0 commisisions, don't bother
  • Aetna- $7 PMPM, very limited plan selection
  • Celtic-not appointing agents
  • Health Options- that is Florida Blue HMO, you need to be captive
  • Sunshine-I don't know anything about them.

If you only have 15 clients refer them to a Florida Blue agency, there are some that are paying one time referral fees and at least you are doing the right thing. If you PM me I will give you someone who can likely help.

Thanks! Yeah I'm just not going to bother with the ACA then.

I do have a Florida blue friend that I can throw them to

Where did you see Cigna offering plans? This is an email received by them on 9/30/16.

As a result of the on-going dynamics of the Affordable Care Act, Cigna Individual & Family Plans (IFP) has had to make changes to ensure we are able to provide consumers quality, affordable options. We will not be offering any plans for the state of Florida on the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace. We will continue to offer Individual & Family Plans health insurance options off-exchange for 2017.

Due to this change, medical commissions in Florida on our IFP ACA-compliant plans will be as follows:

Florida = 0%

Where did you see Cigna offering plans? This is an email received by them on 9/30/16.

As a result of the on-going dynamics of the Affordable Care Act, Cigna Individual & Family Plans (IFP) has had to make changes to ensure we are able to provide consumers quality, affordable options. We will not be offering any plans for the state of Florida on the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace. We will continue to offer Individual & Family Plans health insurance options off-exchange for 2017.

Due to this change, medical commissions in Florida on our IFP ACA-compliant plans will be as follows:

Florida = 0%

I don't get your point-they are offering plans Off Exchange only at 0% commission, just as I pointed out in the prior post along with the comment 'don't bother'

Back