Any Advice for a New Guy Taking his 2-15 ?

I work full time and have kids so I was unable to attend an actual classroom setting for my 2-15 pre licensing course. I am scheduled to take it this Saturday 8/8 and I am kind of nervous. I know the obvious answer would probably be master all the quizzes and retake the course simulated test multiple times, still I have to ask, are there any specific areas that were more prevalent or maybe any subjects that were a little trickier than anyone expected when they first took theirs? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
By the way this forum has helped me in many other ways Im really happy to have found it.

Judgem I took it in 1994 a lot has changed on the health side. I do know the variable annuity part of it can be tricky since you cannot sell them. Just remember the difference between variable and fixed and probably now indexed. Variable is written by someone with a securities license.

I would imagine this day and age there may be quite a bit on health care reform. There was flash cards back when I took it, I basically memorized them and by God almost all were the exact same question's as on exam.

Good luck

BTW you're taking at a good time, I just heard today the state has changed requirements I believe to take effect Oct 1 to 60 hours instead of 40.

What do you want to sell? I got 10 guys just taking the health 240 so they can sell health plans, much easier than trying to pass the life + health and var annuities which the life and annuities is what kills everyone.

Judgem I took it in 1994 a lot has changed on the health side. I do know the variable annuity part of it can be tricky since you cannot sell them. Just remember the difference between variable and fixed and probably now indexed. Variable is written by someone with a securities license.

I would imagine this day and age there may be quite a bit on health care reform. There was flash cards back when I took it, I basically memorized them and by God almost all were the exact same question's as on exam.

Good luck

BTW you're taking at a good time, I just heard today the state has changed requirements I believe to take effect Oct 1 to 60 hours instead of 40.

I just heard that also, glad i got in when I did. Im just going to stick to my flash cards and hope for the best

----------

Im so sorry! I did not mean to give this a thumbs down. It is definetly a thumbs up, TWO thumbs up! Im still learning this site. I appreciate your advice.

Back