FLORIDA - 10 Health Insurers For The Exchange

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
No word on price or networks yet, but here is the list of carriers that have applied to the Florida exchange-marketplace:

--Humana Health Insurance Co.(HMO)
--Aetna Life Insurance Co.
--Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Florida Inc.
--Cigna Health & Life Insurance Co.
--Coventry Health Care of Florida Inc. (HMO)
--Florida Health Care Plan Inc..(HMO)
--Health Options Inc.(HMO)
--Molina Healthcare of Florida Inc.(HMO)
--Simply Healthcare Plans Inc.(HMO)
--Sunshine State Health Plan Inc.(HMO)

Source: 10 Insurers File for New Health Insurance Marketplace | WUSF News

Re: FLORIDA - 10 Health Insurers For The Exchange.

I don't know Florida however I just got back from south beach and did not stay in a holiday inn but I did see this:

most of those "off" name plans are mapd plans and they seem to specialize in snp's I think these plans will be focusd on the lower income that get the deductible subsidy.

if not the trend im seeing is mapd plans are playing in the ACA market.... backing up my thought from a year or 2 ago that this will look like mapd plans.... could I be right again?

MAPD/SNP plans
Health Options Inc.(HMO)

Is this another blue cross plan bill?
Florida Health Care Plan Inc..(HMO)

I don't know Florida however I just got back from south beach and did not stay in a holiday inn but I did see this:

most of those "off" name plans are mapd plans and they seem to specialize in snp's I think these plans will be focusd on the lower income that get the deductible subsidy.

if not the trend im seeing is mapd plans are playing in the ACA market.... backing up my thought from a year or 2 ago that this will look like mapd plans.... could I be right again?

MAPD/SNP plans
Health Options Inc.(HMO)

Is this another blue cross plan bill?
Florida Health Care Plan Inc..(HMO)

Are you trying to say that MAPD plans are going to try and get into the individual health market (for people not on medicare)?

Or that Medicare plans will be allowed on the exchanges?

Are you trying to say that MAPD plans are going to try and get into the individual health market (for people not on medicare)?

Or that Medicare plans will be allowed on the exchanges?

I believe the though here is that plans in the exchange are by the same companies that up to now specialized in MAPD, and in particular dual SNP plans. They tend to be HMO plans and this means limited access to medical care outside of the network.

You won't see plans working with the Mayo Clinic, UCLA, Stanford or other quality medical centers if the policyholder buys inside the exchange.

So when Obama promised (among all the other promises he "kept") that this will improve access to healthcare, he might have been stretching the truth.

Rick

I believe the though here is that plans in the exchange are by the same companies that up to now specialized in MAPD, and in particular dual SNP plans. They tend to be HMO plans and this means limited access to medical care outside of the network.

You won't see plans working with the Mayo Clinic, UCLA, Stanford or other quality medical centers if the policyholder buys inside the exchange.

So when Obama promised (among all the other promises he "kept") that this will improve access to healthcare, he might have been stretching the truth.

Rick

ty rick, that's exactly what I was saying... I love you

Unless you play in the semi captive world of FL Blue, the only two on that list that matter are Cigna and Humana.

Let the games begin...

Don't forget that Aetna is on the list.

I'm surprised United Health didn't pick FL as one of their states to play, as they have a pretty big foot print there.

I'll bet that one of the Bluecompanies is similar to the Miami/Dade Co plan they have now.

So, they really only have 4 real players (Aet / Cig / Blue / Hum), with these ones having the only possibility of statewide coverage. I'm sure the others will be regional county players only.

Better rates don't mean jack. If you don't know why......then.....:swoon:

Last edited:

The issue is FL is what region they play. Not all listed service all counties or zip codes.

Back