Florida Blue Agents, Get in Here!

As we all know the last day to get certified for under 65 and over 65 is TOMORROW. Well, I thought I had done all the certification processes last month, but turns out I didn't. My upline can't figure out what exactly I am still missing, and I can't even log in onto healthcare.gov to do my over 65 medicare training.

Also, why the heck is medicare training in the healthcare.gov obamacare website????

I am so livid, I've just spent two hours with a marketplace representative and we can't get my damn account unlocked or with a password reset. I have NO IDEA what is going on and neither do they. If I don't get all this crap done by tomorrow I will NOT be able to do either open enrollments. If I miss out on selling heads will roll.

Can any of you PLEASE tell me what EXACTLY an agent has to do, what training and certifications he has to get, in order to sell obamacare and medicare for Florida Blue? PLEASE?

First, your mistake is selling the Blues and NOT aligning yourself with an FMO & selling many different carriers.

Second, you clearly have no idea what you are doing, on even calling a 'marketplace representative.' They are nothing more than 'navigators.' You have to go to CMS.

Third...you waited too long & didn't follow through. You can join the boat next year. There is NO WAY...you can be certified to sell many carriers. You'd be lucky to sell 1.

I feel for you, because I learned the hard way too.

----------

To sell Medicare, you have to get certified in the Blues Medicare classes. To sell ACA...you have to NOT only get Blues classes BUT CMS classes. You did neither.

Take my advice. Start August of next year, and join an FMO. They will teach you everything and have a great support for you on your licenses.

But, that is just me.

----------

We're in the Panhandle. Look at a map of what plans are where. FL Blue was the only game in town last year and only 2 others have joined in the fun this year. Networks are strong here and everyone knows the name. I don't think TIME is going to eat Blue's lunch, eh?

That is so weird. Seriously. I would still go for the underdog in carrier, if that is the case. I know from P&C, that rates for carriers to GET INTO a market can be lower. Are you saying that in the Panhandle it is Blue ONLY?

In Central Florida...they just stink. They are one of the worse carriers in prices, deductible, etc.

Who knows...I perhaps have to walk many more miles before I sleep.

Well, I'll be surprised. Sold Assurant PPO today. I actually did a blue - 2 days ago - for NO COMMISSION, but I did it out of ethics (clients like where they are - I just told them that beyond this...I can't help them).

What I realized, is that I need to sit and read lots of plans again this year.

I'm surprised anyone is selling FB, I hear those stores they have set up aren't even taking calls the past few days. The appointments they have are for weeks out, if you walk in are treated in a very rude manner and have to wait hours.

Don't worry ggbh I hear none of their field agents are receiving any commissions on plan changes or re enrolls. I heard from an agent in the southern part of state their office was rolling their books with another company.

----------

U65, United & Assurant came (back) to this area this year. Assurant is not competitive in price or network.

florida blue certainly is not competitive, can't believe their premium's.

I had a customer in today and we called to get info on her plan she had from last year, hold time 5 hours.
We promptly went shopping.

Here on the Panhandle, FL Blue is doing just fine. Where are you 2525? You obviously don't know what you are talking about when it comes to this area.

pcb, 2525 isn't too far off, in my county's blue is losing out, if it's not because of the cost it is because of the lousy service their store's and call center's are giving. It was someone's bright idea at corporate and of course it filtered down that we would not get any commission's for helping a present client active re enroll, so we were given a number for all them to call and send them to their nearest blue store. Well the number put people on hold for hours or if they do answer set their appt out past dec 15th and the store's for the past week are telling everyone to leave a message. If you happen to walk in to one of these store's you are met with rudeness and a minimum 2-3 hour wait.

Simple solution to all of this is for blue to reverse their decision not to pay as new business if an agent is active re enroll one in a new plan. This could all go away.

Since I have biz all over the panhandle I have had several from your area call that are re enrolls and when I tell them blue won't let me help them and here is the number they have said, Oh I didn't want you to help me with blue cross because they are so much higher than UHC, can you help me with them? Sorry no. I have heard from some agents I know in different parts of the state that in fact rolling their business from blue to another company is more profitable than ever even if it means losing their appointments. I saw this coming.

Last edited:
Well, I'll be surprised. Sold Assurant PPO today. I actually did a blue - 2 days ago - for NO COMMISSION, but I did it out of ethics (clients like where they are - I just told them that beyond this...I can't help them).

What I realized, is that I need to sit and read lots of plans again this year.

If you are gonna break your Fl Blue captive contract, dont make it public.

----------

----------

florida blue certainly is not competitive, can't believe their premium's.

i've run into mult situations were FL BLUE is the most competitive carrier or right there with Assurant. They are very comp on their $0/3k oop max all copay plans when comparing assurant/uhc gold-plat plans to fl blue. For Bronze and Silver plans I rarely find their blue care or options network pricing beating assurant or uhc.

But there are def times were u will lose business if u dont write or lead with fl blue.

The competitiveness depends on what county you are quoting, assurant is running neck and neck with blue, but in certain county's where uhc and coventry are on the mp they by far beat anyone. With that being said in the panhandle blue still has the networks locked up, but the population that has never had insurance or simply can only afford the cheapest simply cannot afford blue.

I have never broke my contract with blue if someone asks for other option's I simply refer them to someone who offer's other options. I have only turned one in locally for breaking her contract and probably would never had except she, the day before AEP started took an app on one of my clients for another company, I also turned her into CMS also. She just showed up at the woman's door uninvited.

I agree I wouldn't announce on the internet I broke my contract.

No FL Blue stores anywhere near me and I'm not dealing with re-enrolls thankfully. In Bay County, FL Blue is dominant and even if you can get UHC or Assurant cheaper on certain plans, the network is not there. The problem I see around here is, too many people don't even want to pay $200 a month for insurance and would rather go without coverage.
This Blue Select Silver 1443C plan is a no-brainer for the low wage seasonal type employees that are rampant around here. $10-15 bucks a month with 0 deductible---UHC/Assurant can't come close.

Back