Florida Blue Agents, Get in Here!

LifeWorth

Guru
100+ Post Club
As we all know the last day to get certified for under 65 and over 65 is TOMORROW. Well, I thought I had done all the certification processes last month, but turns out I didn't. My upline can't figure out what exactly I am still missing, and I can't even log in onto healthcare.gov to do my over 65 medicare training.

Also, why the heck is medicare training in the healthcare.gov obamacare website????

I am so livid, I've just spent two hours with a marketplace representative and we can't get my damn account unlocked or with a password reset. I have NO IDEA what is going on and neither do they. If I don't get all this crap done by tomorrow I will NOT be able to do either open enrollments. If I miss out on selling heads will roll.

Can any of you PLEASE tell me what EXACTLY an agent has to do, what training and certifications he has to get, in order to sell obamacare and medicare for Florida Blue? PLEASE?

First off you don't take your Medicare cert with healthcare.gov. You go to access blue, scroll down to training on left side and click on it, then scroll down and on right side you will see Medicare certification, takes you to gorman and user id is your social and PW is what you used last year, if you forgot call the Agent Service Center.

Just sent you a message with telephone number to ASC.

I'd find a new upline if they could not tell you, but then again if you leave one you can't get re appointed for 6 months. Something the MGA's worked out before oep last year with blue.

Last edited:
I'll just come here with my questions from now on. Much more helpful than my up line.

Did you get everything completed? What part of the state is your upline located?

----------

Yes, in most cases you should come here,

Did you get everything completed? What part of the state is your upline located?

----------

Yes, in most cases you should come here,

No, not yet. When I go to Gorman through the Florida blue link it asks for payment for the certification. My upline is telling me I should not have to pay, so I'm sitting here doing nothing until they figure out why it's asking me to pay. Their instructions.

Screw it, I'm just gonna pay for it then give the bill to my upline.

My upline is here in Florida in my city. It's a general agency.

No, not yet. When I go to Gorman through the Florida blue link it asks for payment for the certification. My upline is telling me I should not have to pay, so I'm sitting here doing nothing until they figure out why it's asking me to pay. Their instructions.

Here is the best advice you will ever get on this or any other forum,, from an agent with a 5 year history with them-get away from Blue as quickly as you can, every Blue agent gets screwed, whether now or later, and you are much better off without them.

Your experience on this certification is just the start, it will get worse from here.

By any chance to you click yes you wanted the CE credits? If so you have to pay for them this year and if you don't it will not let you go any further. If not then it is a screw up because you don't have to pay for the actual certification.

BTW blue may have changed another policy, we were told today if you give up your appointment or loose it through other means they will never appoint you again. I tried to clarification if you just quit one agency and waited 6 months and go to another if this little tidbit applied, but could not get an answer.

I'm absolutely fed up with the bureaucracy and Dilbert-ism with this company.

----------

I was just on the phone with healthcare.gov for THREE AND A HALF HOURS because they can't figure out to unlock my account, or how to get me a new password. Their end says that it's unlocked, but my end says its locked. And no password works. I'm so livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm confused, I thought you were talking about Medicare certification.

Although we were all told you had until the 30th to complete marketplace certification I have been told that was so you could continue to sell 2014 plans for a SEP and if you were not selling for 2014 you could still take it to certify for 2015.

Can you go into your marketplace certification and change or click on forgot pw and go from there?

Back