Has anyone Recieved 'any' Commission from the Affordable Health Care Sales?

It's things like this that make it hard to have an answer for my parents when they ask "why in the world would you want to be an insurance agent?"

What reasons were given for these terminations?
In my personal opinion...when one compares policies online - over the marketplace - the BLUES lose considerably in Florida. I do not know elsewhere.

That is why, and that is why their agents are not paid. I recently switched a Life change from Blue to Humana. Humana out did them in our area by 1,000s. There is not competition, and one can't be it.

----------

I will tell you why, and tell your parents' this:

Because you just have to TAP into the right resources! The right ppl, and more. ;) It is just like any other business.

Proud of you! American ingenuity here.

On exchange plans commission pay out vary by carrier. Most take 2-4 months and in some cases they pay commission from subsidy and clients portion separately.

On exchange plans commission pay out vary by carrier. Most take 2-4 months and in some cases they pay commission from subsidy and clients portion separately.

Your only 1 year behind. This question was posted back in January 2014. I was surprised this thread lasted this long.

FYI...we got paid, very well by our carriers. ;) The BCBS didn't, from what I learned on reading.

;):)

I was affiliated with a FB agency in Jacksonville in 2014. I was never paid renewals which were mostly MAPD contracts. I received a email in November stating I was terminated.

I was affiliated with a FB agency in Jacksonville in 2014. I was never paid renewals which were mostly MAPD contracts. I received a email in November stating I was terminated.

You and lots of other agents who were terminated in spite of years of writing good business for them, it's a disgrace...

I was shopping at Staples today and the lawyer I sent my info to months ago came up to me and said he is going to help me. He apologized for not getting anything done yet. I told him he should start a class action suit for all of the agents who have lost commissions. He was very interested. I just wonder if that could even be done.

Oh crap, I just remembered something from about 5 years ago: I had an agent in Jacksonville that had the same scenario as you and FLM with another small CGA out of Jacksonville, he was owed more than $30,000 when they dumped him, he told me he sued and won and recovered damn near all of it. Sorry don't know anymore details he only stayed with us a few months and left.

Oh crap, I just remembered something from about 5 years ago: I had an agent in Jacksonville that had the same scenario as you and FLM with another small CGA out of Jacksonville, he was owed more than $30,000 when they dumped him, he told me he sued and won and recovered damn near all of it. Sorry don't know anymore details he only stayed with us a few months and left.

My contract with the Jacksonville CGA has a 30 day termination clause that either party can initiate, unless that clause is illegal (I doubt it) there isn't much I could do to recover those commissions but if an attorney wants to take the case on a contingency I would be interested in learning more.

is it the agency terminating you or is it coming from fl blue?
I hear this all way to much and just don't understand.

Back