Has anyone Recieved 'any' Commission from the Affordable Health Care Sales?

how about you sell them a policy in November?
We'd be happy to have you in our agency, all commissions will be paid directly to you !!

Hi,

I am still waiting for my commissions from Coventry here in FL.
Coventry advises that I am appointed to Custom Benefits Group out of PA. I never heard of them! I signed with Regions Health Group, Coventry does not acknowledge them as being my upline.
Regions tells me my commissions have been assigned to someone down south but won't or can't tell me who!?!
Have received commissions from UHC and some Assurant.

Assurant has been difficult to to get credit for all the applications that I have written. They continually tell me they are in house applications. Going on round 4 with them.

Just curious to know if anyone else is running into these issues?

Thank you for listening,

Barb:mad::nah::skeptical:

Barbara if you would like contracts that will pay you in a timely manner, i'd be happy to help you.
I have been paid on all of mine.

Florida Blue requires exclusivity. Terminations can be due to getting new appointments after the Florida Blue appointment if it's for health insurance.

Assurant doesn't want to be in the health insurance business anymore and has stopped paying any commissions, for over a year now, to discourage agents from selling their health plans.

For Coventry you can access you contract in NO More Forms and there's an addendum form that will have your upline on it. You have to contact that company and ask for a release because you didn't intend for them to be your upline-it was an internal mistake

Hi,

I am still waiting for my commissions from Coventry here in FL.
Coventry advises that I am appointed to Custom Benefits Group out of PA. I never heard of them! I signed with Regions Health Group, Coventry does not acknowledge them as being my upline.
Regions tells me my commissions have been assigned to someone down south but won't or can't tell me who!?!
Have received commissions from UHC and some Assurant.

Assurant has been difficult to to get credit for all the applications that I have written. They continually tell me they are in house applications. Going on round 4 with them.

Just curious to know if anyone else is running into these issues?

Thank you for listening,

Barb:mad::nah::skeptical:

Regions Health Group is shady, not surprised. Aetna/Coventry also made lots of mistakes this year in uplines so the problem could be in either of those places.

Assurant is really good on commissions, it sounds like your writing number wasn't attached to those policies-were they written through the Marketplace? They have also let most of their internal people go so it will be really difficult to get them to fix things at this point in time.

----------

Florida Blue requires exclusivity. Terminations can be due to getting new appointments after the Florida Blue appointment if it's for health insurance.

Assurant doesn't want to be in the health insurance business anymore and has stopped paying any commissions, for over a year now, to discourage agents from selling their health plans.

For Coventry you can access you contract in NO More Forms and there's an addendum form that will have your upline on it. You have to contact that company and ask for a release because you didn't intend for them to be your upline-it was an internal mistake

Blue and their CGAs run a crooked game with agents to screw them out of commissions, they've been doing this for years.

Assurant stopped commissions on new enrollments in early 2015, it was not last year. They have been timely on payment of all commissions for the earlier policies.

You are correct on part of the Coventry issue but Regions Health Group plays games with agents and contracts so there is no guarantee the poster isn't with that upline-if the agent hasn't written much business Regions will conveniently forget to pay it and won't respond to phone calls or emails.

Thank you everyone for your input.
Coventry is the one who advised that I was with Custom Benefits. Whose fault will be hard to pin down. Till can get copy of contract at Coventry.

Regions may not want to part with
my commissions since I wrote over 2m in APV.

If there are other agents out there who are in a similar situation please contact me.
bbonaparte007

Thankfully I'm not familiar with being "screwed out of commissions", but the fact that I'm hearing that this happens with "reputable" companies concerns me. Contractually, aren't commissions due for policies sold/new business even if appointment is terminated (not for cause) before getting paid?

Personally, I see no reason to contract with an FMO when you can go direct. Coventry /Aetna has direct contracts for under 65. Usually there are different ways to contract with an FMO if you really want them and one of those ways gets you paid directly from the insurer and the other way the FMO gets the money and pays you. Don't choose one where you have no choice and the FMO controls your money. For Medicare you can also get a direct contract if you contact one of their broker managers(at least in Florida)

Thank you everyone for your input.
Coventry is the one who advised that I was with Custom Benefits. Whose fault will be hard to pin down. Till can get copy of contract at Coventry.

Regions may not want to part with
my commissions since I wrote over 2m in APV.

If there are other agents out there who are in a similar situation please contact me.
bbonaparte007

you made a huge mistake assigning commissions to Regions when you were going to write that much business, you should probably be driving to Hobe Sound and personally find out what is going on.

I have been there and got
we are looking into.
I did not know I was going to write that much in APV. Lesson learned. Now I am just trying to get paid.

I have been there and got
we are looking into.
I did not know I was going to write that much in APV. Lesson learned. Now I am just trying to get paid.

I think you need to be more forceful-you most likely assigned commissions to Regions, if you did you won't be able to collect from the insurance company, they've already paid Regions.

Back